Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmainham/Heuston area

Options
  • 10-04-2011 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a one bed in the Kilmainham/Heuston area. not really sure of the area. Is there any areas which we should avoid? What is Kilmainham Bank like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

I viewed a place in Kilmainham Bank last month -- it's actually in Inchicore not Kilmainham. The place itself seemed fine but I ended up going for a place on Kilmainham Lane instead as that flat was bigger and the area better and closer to town.

I would avoid the Rialto/Dolphin's Barn area and the other areas directly along the red luas line. There are also a load of apartment buildings along the Inchicore Road that back directly on to the railway line and the dual carriageway -- I viewed one of these and the traffic noise was audible even with windows closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭mvt

I'm from Kilmainham,its a pretty good area,close to town but still quiet enough.
    Kilmainham Bank is in Inchicore but is still not a bad area.I know people who live there and they are happy with it.
    Any of the places on Kilmainham lane/Bow lane and Heuston SQ would be nice as well.Great bar called the Royal Oak on Kilmainham lane.
    Plenty of bus routes and the luas plus regular trains at Heuston.Taxis home from town are less than a tenner.
    Like any of the older parts of Dublin there are certain people that you would be best off avoiding but you can usually see them well in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Thanks very much for the tips guys! anything else feel free to let me know. Hopefully find something decent in a nice area!

Advertisement