Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone for Blackberry...Good Offer???

• 10-04-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hey guys, I've posted this over on the mobiles & PDAs forum but thought it best to post here too, so as to get the best advice possible.

My friend was offered the 2nd iPhone...the iPhone 3g for her blackberry curve 8520 plus €100.
    She was asking my opinion on it but I'm really not sure what to make of it to be honest.
    What are people's thoughts on the deal? Is it a good offer?? Are there any advantages the iPhone 3g have over the blackberry 8520??

...as in, she gives €100 plus her blackberry for the iPhone..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Hey guys, I've posted this over on the mobiles & PDAs forum but thought it best to post here too, so as to get the best advice possible.

My friend was offered the 2nd iPhone...the iPhone 3g for her blackberry curve 8520 plus €100.
    She was asking my opinion on it but I'm really not sure what to make of it to be honest.
    What are people's thoughts on the deal? Is it a good offer?? Are there any advantages the iPhone 3g have over the blackberry 8520??

...as in, she gives €100 plus her blackberry for the iPhone..
    **** no, terrible deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i thought you meant they'd give her an iphone 3g and 100yoyos for her blackberry and i was still thinking it wasn't the best deal. so if they are expecting HER to fork over 100yoyos and her blackberry for a 3g (not even a 3gs a 3g!!!!) i would say no way. they'r trying to play to her naiviety on the situation to garner themselves a good deal. tell her to walk away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

never had a 3Gbut the bb 8520 is a disaster of a phone, goes really slow after a few days and the only way to speed it up again is to pull the battery out for 5-10 mins

only for that i thought it was a cool phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

guil wrote: »
    never had a 3Gbut the bb 8520 is a disaster of a phone, goes really slow after a few days and the only way to speed it up again is to pull the battery out for 5-10 mins

only for that i thought it was a cool phone

Are you sure? I have a few friends who have the 8520 and I've never heard any complaints like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

With the 100 euros thrown in that's an appalling deal. Tell her to have a look at the 3G's and 8520's for sale on Adverts.ie and she'll see what the Market rate for both are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Are you sure? I have a few friends who have the 8520 and I've never heard any complaints like that.
    lol of course i'm sure, most people with smart phones think their one is the best thing since sliced bread and when they change its a piece of ****

the bb was my gf's btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The difference between the two is like asking which is better between a rotary phone and a dect phone.

Advertisement