Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live and Net1??

• 10-04-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

hey,Im trying to get my xbox to work with net1 but after connecting my ethernet lead from the router to the xbox.the xbox doesnt seem to recognise anything.It keeps saying please connect a lead.
    Ive a feeling that the router isnt xbox compatible but Im not sure.Were using one of their routers they gave use
    Anyone have any idea's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Do you know if the cable is working?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭moons657

i've tried 2 cables and no joy.their router is one of those new ones they are giving out that you can plug a phone into.their new internet phone thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

if its the new xbox, did u try to connect with wifi?

does the router and connection work as normal if u plug a computer/laptop into the router?

is the lan port disabled in some sort of way for the router settings? dhcp enabled, upnp enabled etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭moons657

-=al=- wrote: »
    if its the new xbox, did u try to connect with wifi?

does the router and connection work as normal if u plug a computer/laptop into the router?

is the lan port disabled in some sort of way for the router settings? dhcp enabled, upnp enabled etc...

not the new xbox no.yea works perfect on the one computer its connected to.ive no idea how to change the router settings at all so i wouldnt know what way its set up??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Could you tell us what the make and model of this Net1 supplied router is?

Have you tried using a laptop on the same cable and router socket that won't work with the xbox??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

type 192.168.1.1 and an url in your browser and you will probably find the router main page with all the settings, if you are the admin the password is probably admin or 00000 or something

just troubleshoot till you find out what the prob is, it could be the connection on the xbox itself if everything else works, but im sure theres some other reason for it

Advertisement