Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window and door

• 10-04-2011 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi, do most double glazing companies offer a repair service? One of my windows is letting a lot of air in when closed and the key in the lock of the pvc back door has become impossible to turn. I don't think either are major problems so would hope someone could easily and cheaply fix them???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

jenggg wrote: »
    Hi, do most double glazing companies offer a repair service? One of my windows is letting a lot of air in when closed and the key in the lock of the pvc back door has become impossible to turn. I don't think either are major problems so would hope someone could easily and cheaply fix them???

Yes they do. This can be fixed by putting in new rubber seals on the window plus a new barrel lock for the door. A anti snap lock would be what I would get them to replace the lock with, it is more secure than the standard barrel. You could also try spraying WD40 into where the key goes. This will clean out any dirt that might be stopping it turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jenggg

Thanks a mill!

Advertisement