Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pears Dead?

Options
  • 10-04-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I have two pear trees which I bought last spring. Earlier this year both were showing signs that the buds were opening, but now they look to be dead, what could have happened them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

I have two pear trees which I bought last spring. Earlier this year both were showing signs that the buds were opening, but now they look to be dead, what could have happened them?

When you say they showed life earlier this year when was this?

Did you buy them bare rooted? and if so were they already after breaking bud?

Are you sure the tree is dead? Peal back a small piece of bark to see any fresh green moist bark on a main branch... Your new growth could have been burnt by a frost and the tree may not be totally dead...

Advertisement