Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router for Regional Broadband

• 10-04-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

I hope to have Regional Broadband installed on Tuesday.
    Regional Broadband told me if I supply a router the installer will set it up.

What type of Router should I buy?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

FRIENDO wrote: »
    I hope to have Regional Broadband installed on Tuesday.
    Regional Broadband told me if I supply a router the installer will set it up.

What type of Router should I buy?

Thanks for any help.

Make sure you get a cable router,I have a netgear and it's fine.You'll pick one up in Argos and Tesco sell them,shop around as they vary in price and spec.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9255090/Trail/searchtext%3EROUTER.htm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9254709/Trail/searchtext%3EROUTER.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Thanks zerks,
    I printed of the two links for reference and both Routers are in my budget range.
    Going to try Redmond Electrical in Gorey for the routers first, as Argos is a bit of a spin.

Thanks,
    Friendo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Don't get a Belkin whatever you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Exactly what Jor El has said avoid Belkin at all costs

I've had some terrible experiances with belkin devices they are not good at all for networking.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Bought the Netgear N300 Wireless Router (For Cable Connections) in Argos yesterday.
    Went for the N300 over the N150 purely for the possibility of online gaming.
    Installer due today so will find out if it works.
    Thanks for all the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement