Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever dealt with EKwaterblocks for rma?

Options
  • 10-04-2011 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭

I heard a weird noise come from the pc yesterday which sounded like a cap popping but as it happens it was my water cooling resevoir. I was :eek: then :mad: then :(
    Lucky for me it was the top of the res and only a smallish crack so no leaks *phew.

I bought it from specialtech and i have dealt with there rma before and it didnt go to smoothly so i'm wondering if i should deal direct with EK.So as per title anyone got any views on ther rma?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

The RMA I had with Specialtech went very well. They cross-shipped me a new pump, no questions asked.

I haven't dealt with EK for RMAs (yet. :P), but I have been in contact with their customer support to answer a few questions, and they were very prompt with their responses, whatever that counts for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Serephucus wrote: »
    The RMA I had with Specialtech went very well. They cross-shipped me a new pump, no questions asked.

I haven't dealt with EK for RMAs (yet. :P), but I have been in contact with their customer support to answer a few questions, and they were very prompt with their responses, whatever that counts for.

Yeah my 1st rma wasn't so good and now this one is a hassle as they dont have the res is stock (not reaal a rma problem tho).I think i'll have to get elsewhere and look for a refund or credit note.

As for ek i put in a support ticket early this morning and heard nothing back :mad:

Thanks for the info.

Just an update (albeit overdue one)

I dealt with EK and Specialtech over my problem with res.

EK.
    They blamed me sayin i overtightened which know i didnt as was only hand tightened plus why didnt bottom break as i'm sure i would have tightened that as much or even more.
    So eventually after lots of tickets to EK to convice them i wasnt at fault they offered me a new tube if i paid postage.Grand i thought as was only 6.14e :D

Specialtech.
    They where good about it and offered to rma it but they had none in stock.
    I asked them would they give me a credit note if i sent it back so that way i could buy one from somewhere with stock.They said yes and to send it back for credit note.
    I told them Ek where sending me out a replacement tube and with the not so cheap postage to the UK there was not much point sending them the broken tube as the credit wouldnt have been for much more.
    I hear nothing from them for 5 days until i get a reply saying they have refunded me the cost of the full res :eek: :):)

Well if you haven't fallen asleep yet......
    I installed my rig back into case yesterday to find the replacement tube threads leak :mad:
    No matter if i use top or bottom it has a steady weep.

Support ticket sent to EK again :P

Yeah, EK resevoirs have been known to leak. One of the main reasons I went with a T-line in my rig instead.

I didn't know that, oops.
    I looked around but coudn't find any that had the same options for fittings as what i use with my loop layout.

• Advertisement

Post a picture? You might not need a res at all.

Post a picture? You might not need a res at all.

Thats a pic of it unfinished.I'm changing it around when i paint case but the loop order will be the same.

http://img269.imageshack.us/i/hpim1454.jpg/

You could quite easily put a T-line in there in place of the res, if you wanted you could drill a hole up the top of your case and put a fillport up there permenantly (though I don't usually bother).

If you still want a res, XSPC make reportedly good 5.25 bay ones, though I've never uses a resevoir, so I can't say how good any of them are.

I like the look of the res though as opposed to a t-iline.
    I dont need a fill port with where the res is now as i have enough room to fill will a squeezy bottle.With other brands i have not been able to find holes on top and side.
    I have my double rad in the drive bays so know room for res there.

You have a 240 up front, and what looks like a 480 in the bottom, all for a CPU and one GPU? That's a bit much man... you could easily cool all that with just a 360.

You could try getting TPE tape and see if that helps, but personally I wouldn't be using a leaky res.

• Advertisement

I know i'm a greedy fecker :p
    I like the fact that i can run fans at 400rpms and still keep decent temps.

Hehe tape did cross my mind for about a millisecond but no never...

Well, you're talking to the guy who's going to be running 12x120 worth of rad in a couple of weeks, for CPU+SLI setup, so I know where you're coming from. ;)

Why no tape? It's what it's designed for.

Well, you're talking to the guy who's going to be running 12x120 worth of rad in a couple of weeks, for CPU+SLI setup, so I know where you're coming from. ;)

Why no tape? It's what it's designed for.

That will be a nice setup :eek:

My pump is underneath the res and i dont fancy seeing if it can work under water if the tape doesn't hold :p

Actually, there's an option... what pump are you running? If you happen to have an MCP 35x, you can get top/res combos for them that work pretty well.

They look like a decent bit of kit but no i have a D5 vario.

Got a reply from EK.

There sending me out o-rings for the res so fingers crossed no more problems with it.
    Seems strange to me that they done supply them with the product in the first place.

Advertisement