Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway to Ballina

Options
  • 11-04-2011 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew how long it would take to get from Galway to Ballina in Mayo? Im from the east so I have never done the run between the two.

Cheers
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If you travel via Castlebar, the shortest way,the journey is about 75 miles. Allow yourself about 2 hours to be sure of getting there on time. Travel Galway,Headford, Ballinrobe, Castlebar, Foxford. Road adequate but not brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

If you travel via Castlebar, the shortest way,the journey is about 75 miles. Allow yourself about 2 hours to be sure of getting there on time. Travel Galway,Headford, Ballinrobe, Castlebar, Foxford. Road adequate but not brilliant.

This is the route mentioned above on Google maps. Most of the rd is not great.

I have personnaly used this route, going through Tuam, continue on the N17, turn off for Kilkelly then Swinford, Foxford to Ballina.

The 2nd is 5Km longer, but the good road will more than compensate for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lezza

paulgalway wrote: »
    This is the route mentioned above on Google maps. Most of the rd is not great.

I have personnaly used this route, going through Tuam, continue on the N17, turn off for Kilkelly then Swinford, Foxford to Ballina.

The 2nd is 5Km longer, but the good road will more than compensate for this.

i drove this route yesterday best route

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

swinford way is better drove it everyday for 5 weeks! found a quicker way even that suited better where i needed to get too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Thanks guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭doctorchick

If I can throw another route in the mix:-

Galway - Tuam - turn off for Claremorris - Balla - just outside Balla turn off right upto Ballyvary - Cross the N5 - Foxford - Ballina.

I work in Ballina but live in Athenry and do this route a lot. From Athenry it is 66 miles and for me 1hr25 mins.

Advertisement