Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment rents

Options
  • 11-04-2011 12:50am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 406 ✭✭

I know rents have gone down etc etc but does offering someone 75% of what they're asking seem rude (who cares??) or would you still expect to pay more or less what people are asking?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I don't think it is rude, but I wouldn't expect them to agree. Getting 10-15% off is very common though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

silja wrote: »
    I don't think it is rude, but I wouldn't expect them to agree. Getting 10-15% off is very common though.

The way things are now, they probably expect it tbh. 75% sounds like a good starting point. If you end up at 85% or so you'll be doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

Really depends on the area. Dublin City Centre rents are not coming down but suburban rents are

Also offer what you can afford for the place

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

I know rents have gone down etc etc but does offering someone 75% of what they're asking seem rude (who cares??) or would you still expect to pay more or less what people are asking?

Cheers

Certainly wouldn't be concerned about being rude... it's just the cut & thrust of business & you might be surprised at the results you achieve... If the landlord is paying a mortgage and has had a difficulty filling premises or had bad previous tenants if you look ok or even better have good references he/she might jump at any offer to just to help pay off loan... & if you fail in reduction there's plenty more to try!!! Good Luck!!!!icon12.gif

Advertisement