Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balgriffin/Clare Hall

Options
  • 11-04-2011 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of renting a place around here but Im just wondering what the area is like? Ive always lived on the northside so am fairly familiar with it transport and ammenities-wise, but would love some opinions from people around that area in particular.

I was really excited about it but then some people made me nervous saying stuff about halting sites/rough area due to its proximity to coolock/darndale..

:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭robd

Don't think it's too bad in terms of the people.

Drive around there at night though. Main issue I saw was serious over development. Very narrow streets and big parking issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

clare village (apartments beside tesco) has had problems with cars being broken into in the supposedly secure underground carparks. cant say i've heard about issues in clarehall or balgriffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Johnny Favourite

I have lived there recently. Nice place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Thanks for the replies! I dont drive so the narrow roads arent an issue for me; it was something I noticed though, wouldnt fancy 3point turns around most of the apartments :)

Good to hear, probably just stereotyping the area that I heard about, nothing concrete so it wont put me off

Advertisement