Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Match Thread*** Tues 12/4 19:15 Wes2 -vs- SS Rovers

• 11-04-2011 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Lads, the season starts tomorrow, with a big game to start with.

I'm very sorry about the last week or so, I've been busy in work and with some real life stuff too.

See you all tomorrow.

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - In
    Gav - in
    Jules - in
    Ciaran - in
    Martin - In
    Gary - work
    Eamon - College
    Kenny - in
    Cathal - in
    Eoin - in
    Collie - in
    Anto -

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm in, ss will no doubt be challenging this year again so time to put a little distance between us early on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm in. I think my bro is injured, just slight hamstring thing so he might not be there tomorrow night. He's iffing and butting now about signing up for the season now but I'll talk to you about it tomorrow Des.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

2-1 win, excellent second half performance lads. Goals from Jules and Conor, having been 0-1 in the first half

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Great second half performance lads and 3 points.
    Another 3 needed next week.

Anyone got a link to the new league on astro? I can't find it on the site. Great performance tonight lads, those games when we've just the 11 will be vital this season.

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to the new league on astro? I can't find it on the site. Great performance tonight lads, those games when we've just the 11 will be vital this season.

I've just added it to the fixtures thread

Clicky

is that working?

That goes to the winter season table Des, doesnt seem to be fixtures/league on the astro site yet.

Another league wrapped up, nice one ;)

That goes to the winter season table Des, doesnt seem to be fixtures/league on the astro site yet.

Oh yeah, I can see it properly when I'm logged in alright, weird.

I'll keep checking over the next few days and see what's what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Great stuff lads, rusty first half and took a while to get used to the 3 in the middle system, but we really responded well in the 2nd half and Martin holding and breaking it down meant we got Ciaran and Collie on the ball a whole lot more. I can't remember us having 2 midfielders feeding striker to feet and wingers into the inside channels as many times as that in quite a while. And those moves were very incisive at times and gave us by the far the better of the play and the chances in the 2nd half.

Fair play to our defence and keeper in the 2nd half - we really shut them down and they barely had a chance in the 2nd half. Great to have turned the game around so effectively and hopefully that first half rust is behind us now cos we'll need to be fully switched on from start to finish in every game. Really good start though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I spotted that 4-5-1 in the first half and was wondering if it was a plan or something that just happened in the game. Boardeaux looked very panic-y or angry with each other, a lot of general shouting. The 4-5-1 meant Jules was very isolated and the ball came back a lot, but it did mean that their main threat of runs through the middle was stopped. Give and take..

A couple of times the ball was given away and they got very close but after settling down, Boardeaux came back into it and it was a pretty even first half. Second half everything seemed rosy again and the first 10 minutes was like watching a different side and it was the crucial period that was the difference between the sides. I thought in comparison to the other recent games against them, their only real threat was from deep set-pieces which is really interesting seeing the damage their runners made in previous games.

I also need my eyes tested - I thought the first goal deflected in off someone :eek:

Advertisement