Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best current new xbox deals about?

• 11-04-2011 9:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

After 2 years, the 2nd hand xbox I bought on adverts died the other week. It was a noisy one anyway so not too bothered.

Instead of buying 2nd hand though, I'm gonna buy new this time - so just wondering if anyone's aware of any good deals being offered anywhere?

I only want the base model and the cheapest it seems to be anywhere is €200, but surely somewhere is undercutting their competitors??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

After 2 years, the 2nd hand xbox I bought on adverts died the other week. It was a noisy one anyway so not too bothered.

Instead of buying 2nd hand though, I'm gonna buy new this time - so just wondering if anyone's aware of any good deals being offered anywhere?

I only want the base model and the cheapest it seems to be anywhere is €200, but surely somewhere is undercutting their competitors??

250GB(console only no game) was 200 in tesco last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

4GB is €220 with any game in Gamestop IIRC.

Although 4GB is fairly low on capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Can the new xboxs take the old xbox hard drive actually?

Can the new xboxs take the old xbox hard drive actually?

Technically you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I wouldn't go near a 4GB, if I were you. They don't seem to be anything but trouble. The 4GB is actually just a flash drive, and there's a bunch of games that require a hard-drive. They won't recognize the 4GB as a hard-drive.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-360-console-250gb-12-months-live-any-other-game-for-15-extra-159-20-deliver/916625

• Advertisement

Cool thanks for that.

Are the new xbox's much quieter than the originals? I've had two originals and both sounded like jetfighters while powered on...

Cool thanks for that.

Are the new xbox's much quieter than the originals? I've had two originals and both sounded like jetfighters while powered on...

Huge improvement on noise reduction mate which is always a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Cool thanks for that.

It's much, much quieter. You have to install your games, though (so the 4GB would probably be loud)

I compared my old Xbox to it a few months, and it was shockingly loud. You wouldn't even notice that the new consoles are even turned on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Have to admit I only noticed how loud my XBox is after getting used to my mate's 4GB one.

Also OP you don't want the 4GB one. You might think you do but you don't. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

juansheet wrote: »
    250GB(console only no game) was 200 in tesco last week

There's still a heap of them in Tesco Letterkenny for that price.

It's the new model

• Advertisement

Delighted - I have it in my room so it used to mean I had to blast the tv up to overcome the sound of the xbox, which of course the housemates weren't too into!

Cool, I'll check out Tesco tonight so.

The only thing I like about the 4GB model is that it has a matte finish to it instead of the shiny fingerprint magnet finish the 250GB model has.

I opted for the 4GB model myself but that's only because a mate of mine had a spare 250GB external hard drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just got a mag in Xtravision.They have a 250GB Xbox 360 with a Throat mic,HDMI Cable & a choice of 1 Game for €280.The games are Portal 2(out April 22nd),Crysis 2,Fight Night Champion,Need for Speed Shift 2,Tiger woods PGA Tour 12 The Masters, Bulletstorm & Dragon Age II.
    Hope that helps.

Advertisement