Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runners & Knees

Options
  • 11-04-2011 10:10am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For the last couple of years I have been wearing Nike Air Pegasus+ 27. Been running on average 30km per week over that period and had very little discomfort in my knees.

My last pear had past their sell by date at the start off the year and I went to buy a new pair. While in Elverys it was suggested that I should get a gait analysis.

From that they said I would be better off going for a pair of Nike LunarGlide+ 2.

I've run 350km so far in the runners (I log my runs now) and I'm finding that my knees while not sore with be slightly unconformable.

Which of the two runners offer better cushioning? I was told when buying that both are the same in terms of cushioning but my feeling now is that I should go back to the Pegasus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Hmm.. I run in Asics Nimbus, and tried changing for no real reason. Soon as I changed my knees and shins started killing me. I then went back and bought a new pair of Nimbus, and the pains disapeared.

Why did you change shoes? Were the Pegasus causing discomfort? If you were happy with them, I'd stick with them. Gait analysis is all well and good, but you need to listen to your body too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The Pegasus were begining to hurt my ankles as the wear and tear had caused some plastic to start rubbing against skin.

I am now wondering is it spinning classes that I have recently started causing the problem. Nothing else has changed other than the runners.

could be one of :-

+ increase in miles per week aggravating your ITB

+ the runners

+ the spinning

(or some other reason :) )

work out by exclusion - cut out one element for a couple of weeks and see if it changes anything.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The millage shouldnt be a problem (I've done these distances in the past)

I'm thinking its the spinning bike not set up correct. I need to do a bit of research on that

Advertisement