Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] SHC hacked by goons aledgedly.

Options
  • 11-04-2011 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

So Scrapheap-challenge.com is down apparently hacked by goons.

If you didn't use this site then no biggie, but a lot of evers and ex-evers did (only way i really keep in touch with the game).

The owner Calmdown (Ex-CCP Claw) stated his birthday (18 June 1982) on the site and someone knew his mother's maiden name (O'Brien). These two things are the mostly widely used security questions.

The general discussion was really good on that site and the fitting and tactics was definitely above par. I hope it gets resurrected but who knows...

Entrox has set up a refugee camp called failheap-challenge.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

My bitter vet lurking grounds :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kenbadger

The long and short of it seems to be that CD made a couple of posts about how much SHC hosting cost, we all took his hard work for granted (I think) and how we'd probably all end ourselves if he took SHC down, so some clever **** opened their mouth and dared him to.

Stolen from some one elses mouth but sums it up :P

Pretty much he asked for more money or he wouldnt bring it back up now we have fail heap :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Kenbadger wrote: »
    The long and short of it seems to be that CD made a couple of posts about how much SHC hosting cost, we all took his hard work for granted (I think) and how we'd probably all end ourselves if he took SHC down, so some clever **** opened their mouth and dared him to.

I think he should Calm Down.

Advertisement