Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Dublin Bus to the airport?

Options
  • 11-04-2011 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I need to go to and from the airport using public transport this Wednesday, and if possible I'd like to save money by taking Dublin Bus instead of the Aircoach.

Dublin Bus list several that go there here.

Can anyone tell me which is the best to get? If relevant I will be coming from south city and would like be be at the airport before 4pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

dusf wrote: »
    I need to go to and from the airport using public transport this Wednesday, and if possible I'd like to save money by taking Dublin Bus instead of the Aircoach.

Dublin Bus list several that go there here.

Can anyone tell me which is the best to get? If relevant I will be coming from south city and would like be be at the airport before 4pm.

If you leave in plenty of time the 16A is great - leaves from Rathfarnham & goes to the Airport via Harolds Cross through the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

temply wrote: »
    If you leave in plenty of time the 16A is great - leaves from Rathfarnham & goes to the Airport via Harolds Cross through the city centre.

Cheers, I will be coming from Ranelagh but may be as quick jumping a bus or luas into town rather than walking to Harold's Cross.

Why should one leave in plenty of time for this bus rather than another, pray tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Cheers, I will be coming from Ranelagh but may be as quick jumping a bus or luas into town rather than walking to Harold's Cross.

Why should one leave in plenty of time for this bus rather than another, pray tell?

Because it will take a while to get to the Airport as it's a normal bus and quite a busy one at that, it stops a lot.

Depending where in Ranelagh you are you might be quicker walking to camden street and getting the 16a from there. If you're going to get a bus into town anyway then hopping on a 41 might be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Because the 16a will make pick ups and drop offs at more regular intervals through town so you need to accommodate for that and the traffic through the city centre.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Many schools (but not all) have a half day for sports on Wednesday, so that should help a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

I'd suggest that you take the number 11 from Ranelagh to Drumcondra and then catch either a 16a or 41 from there to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thank you all!
    I'd suggest that you take the number 11 from Ranelagh to Drumcondra and then catch either a 16a or 41 from there to the airport.

#WINNING! :)

Advertisement