Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

suzuki gs 550 learner legal ?

• 11-04-2011 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

I have seen on several different web site that the power to weight ratio of this bike makes it learner legal, can some one put me out of my misery and confirm this as I am considering buying one :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

don't buy a bike just because it's learner legal.

Restriction will cost max €250, just budget that into the cost and buy a bike you really want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

KamiKazi wrote: »
    don't buy a bike just because it's learner legal.

Restriction will cost max €250, just budget that into the cost and buy a bike you really want.

unfortunately you said the magic word...budget, putting a restrictor on it puts it out of my price range, and I dont think this bike will hang around for long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

I think the OP is getting this bike coz he likes it and was just wondering?? Looking up the specs for the bike ,its rated at 35.8kw and 218kg which would put it at 0.164 kw/kg

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TowerIRL

Anything over 25 KW must be restricted to 25 KW so your license covers you. Never saw any mention of the this power to weight ratio but the rules of the road says you can't drive somethin with more power than 25KW/33BHP on your learner permit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

TowerIRL wrote: »
    Anything over 25 KW must be restricted to 25 KW so your license covers you. Never saw any mention of the this power to weight ratio but the rules of the road says you can't drive somethin with more power than 25KW/33BHP on your learner permit...

its on the learners licence as < or = to 0.16kW/kg

there is no mention of bhp on my licence, you can drive a bike with a 1500cc engine so long as it weighs 240 kg,

• Advertisement
Advertisement