Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Cost module to send SMS on digital input

Options
  • 11-04-2011 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone have recomendations for low cost GSM/SMS units to send a text when a digital input turns on?

There's quite a few out there, its hard to choose just one. Was looking for one that could be easily sourced here in ireland too.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi All,

Does anyone have recomendations for low cost GSM/SMS units to send a text when a digital input turns on?

There's quite a few out there, its hard to choose just one. Was looking for one that could be easily sourced here in ireland too.

Thanks.

This might suit you. They can be got in R.E.W.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi,

Had a look at that one, it's a bit high end for the application I'm looking at.

For this application I literally have 1 digital input that shows an alarm is active and I want to send an SMS.

I have telit modules which I can program up, but was looking for something simpler again. Some of the simpler ones can be programmed via the sim card....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

For the unit to give you a text it will cost more. If a voice message is good enough then any standard voice dialer would cost about 100 Euro.

Advertisement