Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skirting boards - 5" rounded top edge - where to buy?

• 11-04-2011 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Any help much appreciated on this one folks.

I'm looking for some new skirting to match some existing boards in another room in the house.

5" high, with one rounded edge on the top, like this image.

larbul.jpg

Anywhere in the south Dublin area would be great, although I'll go a bit further if needs be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

mailforkev wrote: »
    Any help much appreciated on this one folks.

I'm looking for some new skirting to match some existing boards in another room in the house.

5" high, with one rounded edge on the top, like this image.

larbul.jpg

Anywhere in the south Dublin area would be great, although I'll go a bit further if needs be.

Thats a standard size and profile, so find a decent builders providers and they'll have it. Even a DIY like Woodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Cheers Pat,

I had a look in Woodies and no joy, also tried the builders providers in Dun Laoghaire (only had it up to 4") and Brooks in Sandyford didn't have it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Drake66

Try T.J O'Mahoneys in Ballymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Drake66

I had to replace some old skirting boards after warmboarding the outside walls of some rooms upstairs. I just got the timbers and got a chippie in with a router to put the feature on them. It was similar to that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

The normal run of the mill bull nose skirting comes in 100 and 115mm not 5"

If this measures 5 inch its different to what ive seen

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Noyeks Newmans,job done.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I had to get some skirting with a specific profile on it for my house to match doors and went to Byrnes timber in Carlow (I live in Carlow) to get them to provide timber and to have top edge routed to specific angle as suggested above.

I am sure there is some place similar in Dublin for you to use if that is not a standard size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Thanks all,

Going on some of the info above I re-measured the existing old skirting properly myself and it is indeed 115mm.

Called a few places and it doesn't seem to be too hard to come by. So that sorts out what I'm doing this Saturday morning.

Advertisement