Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher trouble

• 11-04-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

I've got a Whirlpool dishwasher and on Friday while it was operating some odd cracking noises started in the control panel area. A small green/black resistor (I think) then fell through the bottom of the door. I picked it up, but it was so hot it burned my fingers.

Now the dishwasher doesn't cycle properly. It operates so far as the pump works ok etc., but the timer doesn't revolve.

I dismantled the control panel and found the position on the circuit board where the resistor should be and sure enough the solder had melted. I reinserted the resistor and powered up the machine. The timer worked.

So my query is, why would the resistor get so hot. Is this a result of something else being faulty, or would a new resistor suffice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can you find a diagram and point out exactly what resistor it was?
    Is the machine still within warranty? I would suggest not use the machine if there's isn't anyone around in case it happens again and there's a fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Could have been heat generated as a result of a poor connection perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

Thanks for the responses......

I've spoken to an Electronics guy who suggested to solder the resistor back in place and see what happens.......he said that it wouldn't do any harm.

So I did and the machine is working ok, so far.

Advertisement