Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil & Teds buggy with out of shape tyres

Options
  • 11-04-2011 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi,
    We have a P&T sport double buggy, the wheels appear to be buckled when the tyre is inflated to a certain pressure, when I reduce the pressure its fine but then the tyre is too soft to take the weight of 2 kids and all the gear. Has anyone experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Sounds like your inner tubes are stretched out of shape. If you overinflated them or used an electric pump to put too much air in this can happen.
    You will have to get new tubes to correct it, most bicycle shops or the shop you got it in, failing that I think you can get spares from the P&T suppliers,
    www.cleverclogs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭david4791

I only inflated the tyres with a normal bicycle pump, have you experienced this occurrence?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

david4791 wrote: »
    I only inflated the tyres with a normal bicycle pump, have you experienced this occurrence?

No, I used to work in nursery and it is so easy to over inflate the inner tubes. It literally only needs a couple of pumps.

Take the tube out of the tyre and inflate it and see the shape, if it has misshaped - ie there's an extra lump on the circle, then it has been over inflated. The inner tube is a much thinner rubber than the outer tube and can distort really easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭david4791

Cheers.

Advertisement