Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline handset shop

Options
  • 11-04-2011 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi there,
    My landline phone is giving up the ghost and I was wondering where in Galway has good value handsets.
    At the moment I have a cd240 and a similar replacement would be fine. http://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/Philips_CD_240__6857930

I had a look at the Argos www and they seem to have a good selection but I also seem to remember that not all shop bought phones are compatible with Eircom or something along those lines…..Because of this I thought I should get one in a shop where I can actually ask someone the ins and outs…..
    Any ideas appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Afaik all home phones bought in the republic will work here too.
    Perhaps you mean certain services Eircom provide can't be used by all phones?

If phone from Argos doesn't work, just bring it back for a refund.
    Or mail these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

cool thanks.
    Yeah, I just have this vague memory that I had read peoples reviews about some of the phones and they didn't work with some connections but a very good chance I remembered incorrectly!
    It was a few years ago so probably better off just having a fresh look now.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭39steps

Hi there,
    Argos phones do work here, I've bought two in the last year and both going grand.
    Good prices too.

Some phones sold do have a bigger connection that doesn't fit an Eircom standard. They should by right include an adapter in the price if it can't be used here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Some phones sold do have a bigger connection that doesn't fit an Eircom standard. They should by right include an adapter in the price if it can't be used here.

Having worked in Argos I can verify we provide an adapter with phones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement