Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chinese Take Away in (Wexford) Town?

Options
  • 11-04-2011 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Votes for the best chinese in town -

I used to think The Lotus House (But got barbecue ribs from there last night and oh lord....... and the chicken fried rice was deffo sitting there a while as 2 of them came out in 5 mins after the girl telling me it would be 15) but I think my no 1 is Chans (restaurant take away not the take away take away if you get me) - always very freshly cooked and for me the best value for money, considering it's the same price as the other take aways but is always cooked fresh !:) Happy Belly not bad either (I'd go there just as I think the name is great !)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Happy Belly for me. Food is similar to everywhere but very big portions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chardy

I know it's a little out of town but the Regent chinese in Castlebridge is really nice. I think they charge 5 or 6 euro to deliver to town, but its worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Still like Chin Can Cook. But must start 'shopping around' a bit..trying to cut down on the take aways though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Had a take away chicken curry and kung pao chicken from the Lotus House, last week, absolutely fantastic food. Fresh, hot and very tasty. Wouldn't give up on them yet.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I dont like Happy Belly. The last takeaway I got from there was not good. Havent been to Lotus house for years because it could be good or terrible depending on which chef was on. Dragon Heen has gone downhill a bit, used to be fantastic.

I stick with Chin Can Cook because its reliable. Never had a mistake in the order, and the food is always the same pretty good standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I like Dragon Heen, but find it a little expensive. I love their Meat sung.

I really don't like that take away near spectrum (same side of street). Got a takeaway from there recently and it was unedible.

I must try Lotus House / Chin chan though - I keep going back to dragon heen as its handy and can always get parking right outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 wexic0

My new fav take in town has to be Happy belly. The only thing ive noticed so far is the satay isnt the best but other than that the service n all else have bn great. As mentioned they give large portions n dont hold back like some do cuz theyre mangey ****.

Lotus house was my fav for ages but the kitchen staff r simply retarded n never get an order right. 3 wkends in a row they got our order wrong n didnt even offer a free meal until we insisted. Left em after that.

Advertisement