Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omnisphere - automation parameters

Options
  • 11-04-2011 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to automate some oscelators in Omnisphere. Normally when I choose to browse parameters the list (0 - 256) will appear on my DAW (FL Studio) and when I move the parameter it will then be highlighted from the list. With the oscilaters this is not working (none of the numbers 0 - 256 are highlighting).

I then thought I would manually assign the parameter from the list to midi. I have checked the manual and the online knowledgebase but I can't find a list that shows what number matches a parameter.

I've checked the manual and the online spectrasonics knowledgebase but haven't found a list.

Anyone here have any ideas or a list of some sort?

I've sent a mail to the spectrasonics support and also the yahoo groups. If I get a reply from them first I'll pop the answer up here....hopefully with a list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Would be nice to see a list.

I usually just setup some random fader movements and then right click the knob the 'learn' - pretty crap/messy if you need a few controls mapped via the DAW only... with a controller it's not too bad, I just manually map the few i need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I got a reply on the yahoo groups and one of the guys was saying it sounds like an error with my DAW and he also said to check the KB again.

Looking at the KB I didn't read a second paragraph in it.

The first paragraph says that the parameters are numbered 0 - 256.

The second paragraph says most hosts will display the names but others will display the numbers. Can choose "Show Current Assignments" in the utility menu and that will supposedly show the name. Going to try it later but it seems a bit of time consuming to show the names for each of the 256 parameters in the hope that the one I'm looking for is going to display.

An actual list would certainly help with this kind of think in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

Have you selected 'Enable Host Automation' for the parameter in Omnisphere?

Advertisement