Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privacy in garden

Options
  • 11-04-2011 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all

Wonder if someone can help me please solve a problem!
    We have just built a house but beside our lawn there is a laneway used by about 10 houses. The lawn is open at the minute & anyone passing up/down the lane can see direct into my garden/kitchen/living room.

Any suggestions on how to obtain privacy??

I've looked at PVC fence panels but they are really expensive but may be my only option. I don't like the timber ones as they tend to rot after so many years. A hedge will take years to grow any height required for privacy!

Thank you!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If you get good pressure treated wooden fence panels they won't rot. Mine have been in place for 15 years now and apart from having matured to a silver grey colour are in the same condition as they were when they were installed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

sunshine11 wrote: »
    Hi all

Wonder if someone can help me please solve a problem!
    We have just built a house but beside our lawn there is a laneway used by about 10 houses. The lawn is open at the minute & anyone passing up/down the lane can see direct into my garden/kitchen/living room.

Any suggestions on how to obtain privacy??

I've looked at PVC fence panels but they are really expensive but may be my only option. I don't like the timber ones as they tend to rot after so many years. A hedge will take years to grow any height required for privacy!

Thank you!:)

Dont forget security too.

Thieves are robbing houses more and more these days with the recession.

Build a high block/brick wall.Then plant nice climbing plants along the wall.:)

Advertisement