Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red FM The Big One Competition

Options
  • 11-04-2011 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else think this was maybe a big hoax that no one was ever going to win 250,000 euros :rolleyes: - the finalist only won 5,000 ( I guess it is better than nothing)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That sounds more than fishy.

How did it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gimmick wrote: »
    That sounds more than fishy.

How did it work?

My friend was one of the 92 finalists and it was narrowed down to 30 something and then 5 and the finalist fella ended up only winning 5 grand

Personally I think Red FM and CAB tricked the finalists as the most amount the finalist would get was 5 grand imo it was a complete hoax

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭neveah

I was wondering about this as well. I was looking at the photos on the Red FM facebook page and the most that was won was €5,000 even though they were advertising a prize of €250,000. I believed someone was guaranteed to win €250,000. It is a bit suss imo.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

neveah wrote: »
    I was wondering about this as well. I was looking at the photos on the Red FM facebook page and the most that was won was €5,000 even though they were advertising a prize of €250,000. I believed someone was guaranteed to win €250,000. It is a bit suss imo.......

A bit suss is an understatement

Was expecting there 2 be a load of excitement on the radio this morning about who won the 250k..... not excitement about the 5k :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Clohane wrote: »
    A bit suss is an understatement

Was expecting there 2 be a load of excitement on the radio this morning about who won the 250k..... not excitement about the 5k :confused:

Sounded fine to me, the competition was run as "the chance" to win €250k, from what I understand there were a couple of stages to get down from the 90-odd finalists to 30 to 4/5 and then the last guy got to pick an envelope from 100, one of which contained the €250k.

All there in the terms and conditions on the website!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sounded fine to me, the competition was run as "the chance" to win €250k, from what I understand there were a couple of stages to get down from the 90-odd finalists to 30 to 4/5 and then the last guy got to pick an envelope from 100, one of which contained the €250k.

All there in the terms and conditions on the website!

Yes but do you really think there was ever a chance for someone to win 250,000 euros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes but do you really think there was ever a chance for someone to win 250,000 euros?

Didn't know the exact in's & out of the competition when i posted earlier, but i've no doubt there was 1 envelope with 250k in it.
    The way the whole competition was marketed would make people think that someone was walking away with 250k dough (or a better then 100/1 chance anyway) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Is that the way it worked?

That's a bit of a joke really, advertising statements like “how would you like to pay off your mortgage” etc. definitely get the impression someone was winning 250k.

So basically Red FM made it so that there was a 1% chance they'd have to give away 250k, what a shambles! More like how would you like a 1% chance of being able to pay off your mortage, and that's assuming you even made the final. Might aswell just play the lotto :rolleyes:

I was wondering how they were going to afford such a large prize :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

babo9 wrote: »
    Is that the way it worked?

That's a bit of a joke really, advertising statements like “how would you like to pay off your mortgage” etc. definitely get the impression someone was winning 250k.

So basically Red FM made it so that there was a 1% chance they'd have to give away 250k, what a shambles! More like how would you like a 1% chance of being able to pay off your mortage, and that's assuming you even made the final. Might aswell just play the lotto :rolleyes:

I was wondering how they were going to afford such a large prize :rolleyes:
    In fairness much better odds than the lotto even if it was only one envelope, they should of probably explained it better though it would be easy to mention envelope thing early on

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

In fairness much better odds than the lotto even if it was only one envelope, they should of probably explained it better though it would be easy to mention envelope thing early on

Well you gota consider the chances of getting through to Red fm over the phone, guessing the correct answer, getting through the rounds to the final and being the last one standing, all before you even see the envelopes! The odds of any one person winning the 250 are huge!

• Advertisement
Advertisement