Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Receipt-Aldi

Options
  • 11-04-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all,

I bought an expresso machine in Aldi in December '10. It has worked up until last week. The pump will not come on when plugged in. I want to return it but I cant find my Aldi receipt or the laser receipt. I have the warranty for the item. Will a bank statement showing the transaction be enough to get a refund/replacement/repair?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

"The shop is entitled to request proof of purchase, but this doesn't necessarily have to be the shop receipt. You could show the relevant credit card statement or any other documentation that proves it was purchased in that particular shop or retail chain"

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Print-versions-of-guides/NCA-shopping-guide.html

The store should know this, at least the manager should. That's not to say they won't try play dumb....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Aldi are normally good when it comes to faulty items and no receipt in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

melonstar wrote: »
    Hi all,

I bought an expresso machine in Aldi in December '10. It has worked up until last week. The pump will not come on when plugged in. I want to return it but I cant find my Aldi receipt or the laser receipt. I have the warranty for the item. Will a bank statement showing the transaction be enough to get a refund/replacement/repair?

Thanks.

Ring the store and talk to someone that can help you. If you ask for a repair / replacement and tell them you have a statement showing the payment which was only 4 months ago you shouldn't have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

Thanks everybody for your replies.
    I brought in the statement and they were able to print a copy of the receipt.
    They were very helpful actually :)

Advertisement