Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Razer Onza

Options
  • 11-04-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Lads, Anyone know when the Razer Onza Tournaments will be back on sale, I registered my interest in Jan and still havent heard a word, Play.com has them releasing the end of the month but only ship to uk addresses!

Dyin to get my hands on them! Anyone have a go of them yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

They sell them from the Razer EU store, but with €22 delivery, they work out over €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

mcgovern wrote: »
    They sell them from the Razer EU store, but with €22 delivery, they work out over €70.

Ah yeah that doesnt bother me they look well worth 70 quid to be able to knife in cod that bit faster, Dya know when they are back on sale seems to be sold out every time I check.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

mcgovern wrote: »

Yeah just tried to order it there, that was never coming up before but think there is a problem on their side cause everytime i add to cart it goes to my cart and is saying there is nothing in my cart!

Dropped them an email there fingers crossed I can order soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

http://www.limexb360.co.uk/product/Razer_Onza_Xbox_360_controller_RO360T

56.72e pre-order +10.33 delivery = 67.05e
    ETA mid-late April 2011.

• Advertisement

And sure while your at it check out this piece of kit:eek:
    http://www.limexb360.co.uk/product/Avenger_Controller_for_Xbox360_N-CAV01

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I don't like where the start and back buttons are positioned on it. Great otherwise.
    Still got it before TheMooseinNam which is a plus :D

Sorry lads been off this over the weekend, Yeah ordered the next day from lime360, Dying to get my hands on it, Its late april now so hopefully not much longer!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I don't like where the start and back buttons are positioned on it. Great otherwise.
    Still got it before TheMooseinNam which is a plus :D

Allowing you to have that controller is like giving a chimp a machine gun... no good can come of it ;)I'm not remotely jealous...

What's your opinion of the triggers? I've read mixed reviews on them.

Allowing you to have that controller is like giving a chimp a machine gun... no good can come of it ;)I'm not remotely jealous...

Don't ever give a machine gun to a chimp.See what happened in Planet of the Apes lol and don't ever turn your back on a monkey cause a monkey will turn on you:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Haven't really been able to use it without an xbox :o
    Would need to play an fps before making a judgement on them.
    For now it serves as a wired gamepad for the laptop.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP5_QpgZoyuMmMG3Jq3oidT9tRH309sUBvpYWVbN7Da0kpb7EO

Haven't really been able to use it without an xbox :o
    Would need to play an fps before making a judgement on them.
    For now it serves as a wired gamepad for the laptop.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP5_QpgZoyuMmMG3Jq3oidT9tRH309sUBvpYWVbN7Da0kpb7EO

I feel much better now, knowing that I have an xbox and will have the controller before you come home and have your xbox back :D

Just got my email this mornin to say the onza is on its way!!! Might get it in time for the new map packs and double xp weekend in COD! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I would buy this in a heartbeat if it was wireless.
    Do you reckon modders will make there own?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

punk77 wrote: »
    And sure while your at it check out this piece of kit:eek:
    http://www.limexb360.co.uk/product/Avenger_Controller_for_Xbox360_N-CAV01

This has "pussy repelent" written all over it....

I would be embarrass to play with something like this...

I love marketing: to prefetional players... I loled...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Just a few questions to people who use modded controllers
    whats the point? its cheating.
    Why do you still think your good at a game if its made to have an unfair advantage? Just means you arent good at games and to keep trying

Evolute wrote: »
    Just a few questions to people who use modded controllers
    whats the point? its cheating.
    Why do you still think your good at a game if its made to have an unfair advantage? Just means you arent good at games and to keep trying

The Razer Onza is licenced by microsoft and the touranament edition is MLG approved so while it is a modded control I think it will just improve skills and reaction time.

Well, mine just arrived in the post today. I'll let you know later this evening if it gives an unfair advantage or not. Anybody feel like joining the opposing team on BF:BC2 tonight??? :D

Got mine in the post yesterday, Defo takes some gettin used to, The analog sticks seem a bit odd when u are tryin to run in Blops u sorta have to pull back a slight bit on the stick, Defo a drastic improvement over the original controller! Highly recommended!

I've only got to play about 45 minutes with mine so far and haven't even tried to master the extra bumper buttons yet.

However, I can already say that this controller is probably the best I've ever used yet, on any console!

It just feels right. Light weight, perfect size in my hands and the A, B, X & Y buttons are very responsive. The thumbsticks take a little bit to get them adjusted to feel just right. I have them about 60% of the way towards full tension, which suits me.

I've added an FPS freak to the right thumbstick and covered both with CAPS4STIX to add extra grip. No problem maxing out the sensitivity on either BF:BC2 or Red River. The extra tension on the sticks allows for very manageable control of movement and aiming.

I'd say a quality product for any FPS gamer, highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

I was thinking about getting the Onza, but i'm just wondering about a few things.

Is it 100% MLG approved, because I'm not going to get it if it isn't.

How do you map the bumper buttons?

VivGrise wrote: »
    I was thinking about getting the Onza, but i'm just wondering about a few things.

Yeah Its the Tournament edition which is MLG certified, The bumpers have two small buttons on the rear of the controller where the battery would normally be and can be programmed to any button on the controller, Very handy

I've only got to play about 45 minutes with mine so far and haven't even tried to master the extra bumper buttons yet.

However, I can already say that this controller is probably the best I've ever used yet, on any console!

It just feels right. Light weight, perfect size in my hands and the A, B, X & Y buttons are very responsive. The thumbsticks take a little bit to get them adjusted to feel just right. I have them about 60% of the way towards full tension, which suits me.

I've added an FPS freak to the right thumbstick and covered both with CAPS4STIX to add extra grip. No problem maxing out the sensitivity on either BF:BC2 or Red River. The extra tension on the sticks allows for very manageable control of movement and aiming.

I'd say a quality product for any FPS gamer, highly recommended.

I didnt think the FPS Freaks would fit on the thumbsticks but might try this later, Yeah apart from the thumbsticks being a little difficult getting used to I have to agree the best money I have spent on the console yet, Highly recommended!

VivGrise wrote: »

Play.com have them in stock.
    http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/3298/2565/-/19267516/Razer-Onza-Tournament-Edition-Gaming-Controller-for-Xbox-360/Product.html?searchtype=genre

punk77 wrote: »

Tried to buy off them, they wont ship gadgets outside the UK, limexb is your only man as far as I can see.

Tried to buy off them, they wont ship gadgets outside the UK, limexb is your only man as far as I can see.

Didn't know that about play.com but I think limexb are out of stock.

I bought mine directly from the razer store, I think. Can't remember, actually. Maybe that was all the other Razer stuff I bought.

Either way, you should be able to buy them from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

Yeah Its the Tournament edition which is MLG certified, The bumpers have two small buttons on the rear of the controller where the battery would normally be and can be programmed to any button on the controller, Very handy

cool, is there any link you could find where it says it is? cos one of my friends said its not allowed on the pro circuit!!

Can you confirm that the FPS Freaks work with the Onza.I thought the thumbstick tensioner would prevent that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Iraqi_Jaki

I got my Onza TE while in the US at Easter. Thought I was brilliant getting it for €38 taking the xchange rate into consideration. Got home, plugged it in, played for half an hour then it turned itself off and won't come back on, it only vibrates. Then if you wait about 2 hours, you can get another half an hour out of it.
    I emailed Razer support and they said I could exchange it if I bring it back to the shop..........no chance so I'm stuck with a dodgy Onza which I'm disappointed about but after searching online, it appears they rushed them out anyway as there are lots of issues.
    I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought tbh. I tried to use the programmable buttons in Halo3 but they are smaller and they started to annoy me so I just mapped them to the same as bumpers in the end. Also, didn't like the position of Start and Back buttons. The tension concept is good but I didn't get enough game time to really notice the difference.
    In short, when they come down in price, I may get one from somewhere I can return it to in case its faulty but after being able to play even for short periods, I wasn't amazed at the differences over the MS controllers so I'm not rushing out to get one.

Advertisement