Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info about waterford shops

• 11-04-2011 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Looking for info on a few places around the town, and when I say info I mean who runs them, when they opened and stuff like that, bitta history...some of em are closed now but if anybody knows anything of interest post it up!

Geoffs
    J. O'Doherty (Fish shop on patricks st)
    Pure
    BPM
    Greers
    Tall Tales/Ouroboro books
    Comixtop

talked to a few people in person, and I knew the pure lads anyway

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Why do you need the owner's names? Would it be better to just call the places and ask?

BPM: http://bpmrecords.ie/history.php

Geoff's: owner's name is Geoff anyway, can't remember his surname.

Comixstop is open only 2-3 years I think. Declan Pierce is the owner according to their site: http://comixstop.wordpress.com/

Tall Tales was only open for a short time, I would say 2 years tops, around 2007-2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Geoffs-
    Owned by Geoffrey Power

It used to be an old man's pub. Then the current owner got it (inherited?) I think in the 1970s. Then it started to become a sort of trendy pub. It has had many an extension to it.

O'Doherty's, owned by the O'Doherty's
    Greers-owned by the Greers

I've a question about Tall Tales. What with all the 'new age' stuff. It seems a fairly random selection they have in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

College project, I've talked to a few of em already, just havent had a chance to talk to others!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

dayshah wrote: »
    I've a question about Tall Tales. What with all the 'new age' stuff. It seems a fairly random selection they have in there.
    Gone with weeks, ran out of money. They had some stuff you couldnt get anywhere else....except for online....for cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

College project, I've talked to a few of em already, just havent had a chance to talk to others!
    It might be worth contacting the local newspapers for back issues and stories.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

jmcc wrote: »
    It might be worth contacting the local newspapers for back issues and stories.

Regards...jmcc
    By college project I'm guessing you're in WIT? It's a good idea to look in the newspaper, and if you're in WIT you should be able to go on Lexis Nexis News and Business (or something like that) online and look through all the old local newspapers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Or try the CRO website.

Advertisement