Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renting out a room in my home.

Options
  • 11-04-2011 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

I have a 4 bedroom house and I have a new tenant moving in on Friday, I also live there. I got a call today from a friend who has a friend who is looking for somewhere to live, I know this girl to say hello to. My query is should I run it past the girl who is moving in on Friday before letting the other girl see the room, as far as she is aware she is moving into a house with one other person not two.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

There's no harm in letting her know what you're thinking and see what she says. If it was me who was moving in, and I'd been told there'd only be one other person in the house, I'd like if the landlord would let me know that there'd be a change in the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Yes, you should tell her because the terms on which she's taking the room have changed. Even if those terms were informal and don't materially effect the terms of the lease, it still seems common courtesy and might head-off future tension.

Advertisement