Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone Warehouse / HTC

• 11-04-2011 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

First time poster here, been lurking a long time so figured I'd get an account.

I bought a HTC Desire off CPW, a few months ago it started rebooting itself randomly. So I brought it into CPW where they sent it off for repair. I was told that they send HTC phones directly to them and they aren't repaired by CPW repair staff.

I got a call today to say the phone was back from repair. When I opened the packaging, I saw there was a stratch across the screen that wasn't there before. I went back to the store and spoke with the manager who told me that there was nothing that could be done except to send it back again. I asked could he authorise an exchange and I was told no.

I left the phone with them as I had no other choice, but tbh I really can't afford to be without the phone for another month. At this point is there anything else I could do? I think it's quite unreasonable to have to be without a phone for two months. Especially considering that the phone was damaged when it was in for repair.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

ca25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Cosimo Salvatore

While I genuinely sympathise with you on not having a phone, perhaps you should invest in a second much cheaper phone for times like this. Just a thought. A vintage Nokia for Sir ?

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ca25

Hi - thanks for the reply. Have been using my old Blackberry Pearl for the last few weeks but it's definitely no replacement for the Desire. Have just contacted CPW customer care. They said that I should have been offered a replacement phone - which I wasn't. And they have contacted the store to see what they can do. Hopefully this gets sorted out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Cosimo Salvatore

Sounds semi-promising. Hopefully you get sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

hi, I do understand where your coming from, however i think they have to try prove it wasn't you that scratched it.

Its more a matter of cost and who pays for the replacement.

I believe most phone repairs with Carphone first go to MPRC(owned by Vodafone and a few other people) and if they can not repair it , it then goes to HTC usually a UK repair center.

Best of luck anyway or ignore this if you got it fixed already

Advertisement