Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared Accommodation - What's The Usual Arrangement?

Options
  • 11-04-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently looking for a place to live in Galway and have been looking at shared accommodation. Just wondering what the usual arrangement with this is. For example, if I move into a house that already has 2 others living in it on a lease would it be the usual case that we would all sign a new lease? Or just add me to the lease? Or sort some arrangement with the current tentants instead of the landlord.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

To be honest, I think it varies from house to house.

When I moved into shared accommodation earlier this year, I signed a new lease with the landlord, all the girls in my house each have their own contract rather than one lease between everyone.

I was in Dublin not Galway so I don't know if it's any different in Galway, I wouldn't think it is any different though.

Can you contact any of the current tenants or maybe the landlord and ask them how they do it?

Advertisement