Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mistakes and errors you've seen LOI teams

Options
  • 11-04-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Hey guys ,

I have recently become a data reviewer with EA for the FIFA series. I have been put in charge of correcting the information based on the Irish teams.

So if you guys want to help , whether you think someone stats to player appearance is wrong or if a new captain has been put in place then don't hesitate to leave a brief idea what is wrong.

Look forward to your replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

I assume these updates will be placed into Fifa 12 yeah?

I'll have a look at Dundalk when I get home on Friday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Exactly phil these errors will be resolved in the newest version.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Wish I had a job like that! Is there pay, any good...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Grand job, especially when you get everyone else to do the work for you.

Coming from a jealous Shels Fan. Fifa 2013 FTW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Sporting Fingal were present in the post-January update. Fail! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Nothing more satisfying than being paid for other peoples work :D

To be fair, its a wasted exercise. They can't even get the man utd players stats right....LOI teams have no chance. Rooney is 6 points faster than hernandez since the january update. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Kirby wrote: »
    Nothing more satisfying than being paid for other peoples work :D

To be fair, its a wasted exercise. They can't even get the man utd players stats right....LOI teams have no chance. Rooney is 6 points faster than hernandez since the january update. :p

Well clearly they are trying to make the LOI better so how about helping out instead of making smart comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Don't be so snarky. It was a simple comment.

Obviously if they made LOI more realistic regarding players and stats it would be great......but it won't happen. As I said, if the most popular club in the world isn't done properly....it speaks for itself.

Question:

Since when did a players ability determine his physical attributes?

It's a joke that a pacey LOI striker's acceleration and speed are worse then the slowest chunky CB's for good teams. :rolleyes:

The only stats that should be different are the technical ones, although it just goes to show how important speed and strength is over shooting accuracy, passing accuracy which in itself is daft(I can beat the lads with half star teams against 5 star but with better speed, agility I'd prob hammer them)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Our league is called the League of Ireland not the Irish League which it is called in FIFA. Ross Gaynor for Dundalk is left footed not right footed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Forgot this thread was here. I applied for this way back and got selected aswell a few weeks back. Ive been given the league of Ireland and Liverpool to cover. Admittedly since finishing college in Sligo I havent followed the league as closely but since getting this position Il definitely start getting back into the LOI again.

As RVN said if any of you spot problems or errors in the LOI in Fifa post it here or drop me a PM.

And I agree about the physical stats being poor for certain players but in fairness alot of the lads in the league are pretty slow in comparison to other leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bedstuybosco

any chance they will put the transfers back the way they were when you could offer a player and money for a player?

any chance they will put the transfers back the way they were when you could offer a player and money for a player?

Couldnt tell ya to be honest. Our job is to give feedback on player attributes, their stats, player height/weight, strongest foot, work rate and that sort of thing.

Teams formations and starting 11 aswell.

Basically everything in the team management screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

you should do a report of all the teams in the first division and get them to have 2 divisions in the LOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Whats the cut off point for FIFA 12?

Transfer window in July.

St Pats Squad
    Goalkeepers
    Gary Rogers, Chris Bennion, Paul Hunt;

Defenders
    Neil Harney, Derek Pender, Conor Kenna, Evan McMillan, Shane Guthrie (on loan at Dundalk until July '11), Brian Shortall, Ian Bermingham, Jake Carroll;

Midfielders
    Anthony Murphy, Seán Stewart, Jordan Keegan, David Mulcahy, James O'Brien, Shane McFaul, Paul Crowley, Stephen Bradley, Derek Doyle;

Strikers
    Daryl Kavanagh, Danny North, Thomas Crawley, David McMillan, Ian Daly

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Whats the cut off point for FIFA 12?

Transfer window in July.

St Pats Squad
    Goalkeepers
    Gary Rogers, Chris Bennion, Paul Hunt;

Defenders
    Neil Harney, Derek Pender, Conor Kenna, Evan McMillan, Shane Guthrie (on loan at Dundalk until July '11), Brian Shortall, Ian Bermingham, Jake Carroll;

Midfielders
    Anthony Murphy, Seán Stewart, Jordan Keegan, David Mulcahy, James O'Brien, Shane McFaul, Paul Crowley, Stephen Bradley, Derek Doyle;

Strikers
    Daryl Kavanagh, Danny North, Thomas Crawley, David McMillan, Ian Daly

From what I can gather its a continous thing regarding the database. It being implemented into Fifa id say its right up to it going gold which is usually a few weeks before actual release.

How does the transfer window work in the LOI. Is it the same as Europe in that its open from june to 1st of september or is it different that its a summer league?

joe123 wrote: »
    And I agree about the physical stats being poor for certain players but in fairness alot of the lads in the league are pretty slow in comparison to other leagues.

A lot?... ever single player is slow, I think the fastest for a pelter is 55/55(ish) whereas the slowest player for a top team I've found is that Munich CB Badstuber.

At any rate do you honestly think that a players physical attributes effect his ability?

I know the Premier League do a good job of making the players out to be celebrities and above normal men, but I didn't think people bought into it that much that they believe the players were born physically better then weaker/slower ones

A lot?... ever single player is slow, I think the fastest for a pelter is 55/55(ish) whereas the slowest player for a top team I've found is that Munich CB Badstuber.

At any rate do you honestly think that a players physical attributes effect his ability?

I know the Premier League do a good job of making the players out to be celebrities and above normal men, but I didn't think people bought into it that much that they believe the players were born physically better then weaker/slower ones

You have to remember that alot of players who show great physical stats already get picked up by english clubs which then just increases the likelyhood that the faster players are already in english/stronger leagues.

Its like this. Take Jamie Carragher. Hes a slow centre back but I reckon if you put him up against alot of the strikers in the Irish League he will be able to keep up with them. His slowness is just magnified as he is up against the likes of Walcots, Lennons and Hernandez's week in week out.

We are told Physical stats dont reflect a players rating so if you see a fast player, or strong player rate him so.

I agree too many are rated too low, but honestly there arent many speed merchants in the league either.

You have to remember that alot of players who show great physical stats already get picked up by english clubs which then just increases the likelyhood that the faster players are already in english/stronger leagues.

Its like this. Take Jamie Carragher. Hes a slow centre back but I reckon if you put him up against alot of the strikers in the Irish League he will be able to keep up with them. His slowness is just magnified as he is up against the likes of Walcots, Lennons and Hernandez's week in week out.

We are told Physical stats dont reflect a players rating so if you see a fast player, or strong player rate him so.

I agree too many are rated too low, but honestly there arent many speed merchants in the league either.

You do not get picked up on the basis of speed, speed is the least of your worries if your trying to make it as a pro.
    It's not athletics after all.

You can't give one example of a CB and the two main pacey wingers and try say there is no-one in the LOI of Ireland that quick, as you said yourself you don't even watch games any more.

I know people here(in Ireland) are brainwashed into thinking how spec the Premiership is, but this is just taking it to new levels.

There are players in the league(LOI) that match up to those players trait wise, skillful winger, agile CB, pacey striker, just as much as you have the other types of players for those positions(Alex, Duff, Carew).

And it's not akin to Pro/Semi-Pro Leagues, You can get Fast/Strong players playing in Junior leagues too.

You do not get picked up on the basis of speed, speed is the least of your worries if your trying to make it as a pro.
    It's not athletics after all.

You can't give one example of a CB and the two main pacey wingers and try say there is no-one in the LOI of Ireland that quick, as you said yourself you don't even watch games any more.

I know people here(in Ireland) are brainwashed into thinking how spec the Premiership is, but this is just taking it to new levels.

There are players in the league(LOI) that match up to those players trait wise, skillful winger, agile CB, pacey striker, just as much as you have the other types of players for those positions(Alex, Duff, Carew).

And it's not akin to Pro/Semi-Pro Leagues, You can get Fast/Strong players playing in Junior leagues too.

Not sure if you realise this but you come off as very patronising at times.

Anyways nice obvious statement from your regarding "the whole its not atheltics" thing. I was sure all you needed was to be fast to succeed at football :rolleyes:

Id be one of the faster players at my local club, I guarantee you throw me in at a higher standard and id be chasing shadows all day long.

And I said I had stopped watching LOI the last while. I used to go to the showgrounds to watch sligo all the time when I was in college.

Besides all that the chances are that any exceptionally pacey player, who is half decent will be snapped up by some english club before they turn 18.

I dont really know what your arguing with me for anyways. Ive said that alot of the physical stats are too low. You just seem to think there should be players rated 80 + for pace through out the league.

• Advertisement

Not sure if you realise this but you come off as very patronising at times.

Anyways nice obvious statement from your regarding "the whole its not atheltics" thing. I was sure all you needed was to be fast to succeed at football :rolleyes:

Id be one of the faster players at my local club, I guarantee you throw me in at a higher standard and id be chasing shadows all day long.

And I said I had stopped watching LOI the last while. I used to go to the showgrounds to watch sligo all the time when I was in college.

Besides all that the chances are that any exceptionally pacey player, who is half decent will be snapped up by some english club before they turn 18.

I dont really know what your arguing with me for anyways. Ive said that alot of the physical stats are too low. You just seem to think there should be players rated 80 + for pace through out the league.

Maybe I am, but I can say the same about yourself in regards to Irish clubs players being slower.

Well I made the Athletics comment on the basis of your assertion that any half decent player with pace will be snapped up.

No it's not as simple as a player being pacey and half decent, see someone like Derek O'Brien(GUFC player about 5 times) for someone with pace but lacking in the more important areas.

I'm only ''arguing'' with you, as you tried to justify the pace differences saying English club players were by and large faster across the board, which they're not. Pace is one of the least important things in being a great player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Aidan Price is 6 ft 3 and left footed not 5ft 11 and right footed, Ryan McEvoy is left footed not right, Killian Brennan disappears (as do a lot of players) when I download the updated squads as he left Bohs and signed back. An idea: maybe if the players who left the squads go into free agents rather than disappear it would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭kensutz

DB10 wrote: »
    Wish I had a job like that! Is there pay, any good...:pac:

It's a non paying job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Not trying to offend anyone but surely it would have been a better idea for Fifa to put people who have a significant knowledge of the LOI in a position to be researching this stuff rather than people who just play Fifa!

It'd be like me being assigned to the Korean league, I wouldn't have a clue!

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Not trying to offend anyone but surely it would have been a better idea for Fifa to put people who have a significant knowledge of the LOI in a position to be researching this stuff rather than people who just play Fifa!

It'd be like me being assigned to the Korean league, I wouldn't have a clue!

I know what your saying. When I applied I stated that I know pretty much everything there is to know about liverpool from the youths to the senior team and that my knowledge of the EPL of each team would be pretty much spot on aswell and that I hadnt followed much LOI since finishing college but as you would expect they need more people for the LOI than they do for the bigger leagues so they gave me the Irish League aswell as Liverpool.

Im back watching the LOI now but its hard enough watch other teams that arent near your own home team (even though sligo are an hour and a bit away from me) as MNS is all you get for tv highlights and even that is more chat than actual action and the live games are few and far between.

How did you apply for that job just out of a matter of interest?

Bump, just got the job. Any mistakes? just post them here!

Advertisement