Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wish to BUY a House in Foxford, Mayo

Options
  • 11-04-2011 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Would like to purchase a 3/4 bed bungalow/detached house within walking distance of Foxford. - Hawthorn Hill/Castlebar Road or Station Road/Belass. I am in a position to proceed quickly with a purchase if successful. Maybe rent with intent on buying the property.

Are there any BUILDERS of existing houses you recommend or maybe avoid.

I would appreciate any help that you can give me

Many thanks

smile.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Probably best to check the likes of Daft.ie or the estate agents, I can't see too many sellers from Foxford been on here to be honest with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fox4ward

Yop - thanks for your kind reply but have been, for a while been, in touch with local estate agents and also Daft, Myhome etc.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

And no joy?

Nothing suitable is currently on the market

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Have you actually driven around the area. Last time I was there, it was littered with for sale signs. There were also a few houses in estates out the Dublin road that were going cheap.

• Advertisement

Have been searching around but I'm hoping something will turn up outside these modern estates preferably a modest three bedroomed single story. Many thanks for your comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I have a detached 3 bed house available to rent but it is on Clarkes rd Gurteens Ballina, a really nice area, but 10 mins drive to Foxford so probably not suitable.
    If you do not find anything maybe its one to consider viewing.

Thanks

Hi am i bovvered

Thanks for your offer but at the moment I would prefer to find a property to purchase in Foxford will keep your suggestion in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Hi Fox4ward,

If you are still looking, I can forward you the details of a builder who would be very well regarded in Foxford. He has built a number of houses there already and I think he currently has a number of options which might suit.

There is definetly a showhouse available which is about 5 mins walk from the centre. I've seen the pictures and it does look the business if the area suits you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement