Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2011 (Five)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

hondasam wrote: »
    did she do I'm a celb married to what's his name, had a baby recently?

I think she did some spin-off show on it, I've never watched it.
    Yeah, she's married to Matt Willis (formerly of BUSTED, think he might be in McFly now).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

emmetmcl wrote: »
    I think she did some spin-off show on it, I've never watched it.
    Yeah, she's married to Matt Willis (formerly of BUSTED, think he might be in McFly now).

yes that's her and you thinking I would not know. I cannot imagine how I missed about BB. I am a news addict. I have been a bit busy lately.
    work must not get in the way of my celeb news again,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

I honestly think that the show would benefit from being shelved for at least 5 years. It would be more welcomed. I know people that watched every series in some shape or form and they were soo pi$$ed when Channel 5 said they were bringing it back. They just were so built up over the whole 'final ever big brother' that they just felt deflated when the new show was announced.

It probably would do better if it came back in 5 years, one or two years would probably even make a difference, but I like it too much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

emmetmcl wrote: »
    Looks as though it won't be here unfortunately.

http://twitpic.com/5w44ee/full

I love the way TV3 just mention things. We're taking on The Clinic, well not really but it gets us in the newspaper!

Since basically Channel 5 is part of a Trashy Tabloid Empire I wouldn't be surprised if they take an interest in Ireland.

Also regardless of how much you like a show or hate a show most show have a sell by date and BB is past it IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I will be annoyed if this crap clogs up the 3e schedule for the summer. I actually get some use from that. If TV3 do get the rights then put it on TV3 and leave 3e alone.

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I will be annoyed if this crap clogs up the 3e schedule for the summer. I actually get some use from that. If TV3 do get the rights then put it on TV3 and leave 3e alone.

What replace their morning TV3+1 schedule with Big Brother? Or their Dozen CSI repeats? (I won't be low and get and Family Guy etc repeat, but they better not mess with Conan :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

I'm going to give it a try to see what its like this year.

I set my sky box up for it there.

For anyone interested just go to: Services - System Setup - Add Channels

Then Enter the following Details

H
    5/6

Hit Find Channel

Press yellow button to Store

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

Thank you Sollar! Have just added it in teh parents house! Does anyone know if Magnet picks up channel 5?

Terri26 wrote: »
    Thank you Sollar! Have just added it in teh parents house! Does anyone know if Magnet picks up channel 5?

No Channel 5 pretty much up to now has stayed out of the Irish Market, rights etc. But now that it is owned by Northern and Shell owners of many Tabloids that rely on Big Brother for sales perhaps UPC and Magnet might take up those programmes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Might not be such a long shot after all....

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0801/sheenc.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

twirlagig wrote: »
    Might not be such a long shot after all....

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0801/sheenc.html
    His publicist says different..
    Charlie Sheen will not be joining the cast of Celebrity Big Brother.

It was recently that the former Two and a Half Men actor was on the verge of a £6 million ($9.9 million) deal to star on the UK reality series.

However, a spokesperson for Sheen has denied the reports, claiming that they are completely fabricated.

"[They are] totally untrue," the actor's rep Larry Solters told E! News.

Aaron Carter, Sarah Ferguson, Snoop Dogg and BBC Radio 1's Tim Westwood have all been as contestants.

Celebrity Big Brother will reportedly begin in mid-August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

As TV3 have confirmed they have failed to secure the rights, you have to wonder why? Where they (I assume Endemol and not Channel5) looking for too much? Is there another network willing to show it? Would RTÉ? Could Sky buy the Irish rights and use it to bring over more Irish custom?

It's rather odd that a show which did so well in Ireland, with an Irish host and Jedward going in would not air here. There might be truth in the rumors that Channel 5 might be joining UPC.

Anyhow, only 2 weeks until it kicks off and we are without a legal way of watching within Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyhow, only 2 weeks until it kicks off and we are without a legal way of watching within Ireland.
    Sky Customers have.... manual tuning via 'Other Channels' is a breeze!

UPC customers are presumably stuck.. don't think they have a way to manually add channels, though I could be wrong.

As TV3 have confirmed they have failed to secure the rights, you have to wonder why? Where they (I assume Endemol and not Channel5) looking for too much? Is there another network willing to show it? Would RTÉ? Could Sky buy the Irish rights and use it to bring over more Irish custom?

Really if RTÉ tried it would be a huge mistake. What about TG4 after all 2.5 men is their series!
    UPC customers are presumably stuck.. don't think they have a way to manually add channels, though I could be wrong.

No UPC just carry the channels they buy on their network. No news of them adding the channels so far and that would be a decision that Channel 5 and UPC would have to make together.

Channel 5 is available on Free To Air on Satellite, 5* and 5USA are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s150/celebrity-big-brother/news/a333180/celebrity-big-brother-launch-night-details-confirmed.html

Celebrity Big Brother will return to TV on Thursday, August 18 at 9pm on Channel 5.

The reality show, which was dropped by Channel 4 last year, will return with a star-studded lineup on its new home.

Airing for one-and-a-half hours, the launch night will feature Brian Dowling introducing a selection of famous housemates, who will be spending the next month living together in the famous Big Brother compound.

Emma Willis's all-new spinoff show Bit On The Side will follow immediately after at 10.30pm and will air for an hour.

The first highlights show will air on Friday, August 19 for one hour. After an episode of Gavin Henson's new reality series The Bachelor, the second episode of Bit On The Side will follow at 11.05pm.

OK!TV will have a 'When Bruv Takes Over' special on Channel 5 at 6.25pm on Wednesday, August 17.

Pamela Anderson, Crystal Harris, Jedward, Amy Childs, Steve Strange and Kerry Katona are among the celebrities to be taking part.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

Elmo wrote: »
    Really if RTÉ tried it would be a huge mistake. What about TG4 after all 2.5 men is their series!

No UPC just carry the channels they buy on their network. No news of them adding the channels so far and that would be a decision that Channel 5 and UPC would have to make together.

Channel 5 is available on Free To Air on Satellite, 5* and 5USA are not.

Was really hoping we'd get it over in Ireland :(

UPC should really step up to the mark and get C5, after losing itv2 + 3

Raging I'll miss it!!!

Sooopie wrote: »
    Was really hoping we'd get it over in Ireland :(

UPC should really step up to the mark and get C5, after losing itv2 + 3

Raging I'll miss it!!!

There are also rights issues. Channel 5 don't broadcast into Ireland as much as the other terrestrials because they aren't as big (one of the reasons 5* and 5USA isn't available FTA Satellite), Endemol are probably very protective of Big Brother's rights. In saying that Channel 5 are small their obviously not that small when they are thinking of paying Charlie Sheen 6million to appear on the show! Who knows what will happen perhaps UPC are in negotiations for C5 channels, True Movies and The Good Food Network are coming in September!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Profondo Rosso

Can easily tune Channel 5 in on sky for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

are jedward confirmed for this show?

hondasam wrote: »
    are jedward confirmed for this show?

And then realize your mistake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭stuartfanning

So if you have Sky, take the following steps to get Channel 5 it's really simple!

1.Press the services button on the remote control.

2.Press No.4 - System Set-up.

3.Press No.4 again - Add Channels.

4.Now enter the following figures under the headings:

Frequency (GHz) - 10.773.
    Polarisation - H.
    Symbol Rate (Mbaud) - 22.0
    FEC - 5/6.

5.Press the button ''Find Channels''.

6.A list of channels should come up on the screen and just scroll down to Channel 5 and press the button that says ''store channel''. The channel should now be saved in your television.

7.Now to find the channel, press the services button again. Scroll down to the option that says ''Other Channels'' and Channel 5 should be in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Channel 5 has unveiled the first images of the brand new Big Brother house ahead of the show's launch on August 18.

Located at Elstree Studios, the house is bigger than ever and includes a curved disco-inspired illuminated staircase, as well as an alfresco dining area in the huge garden, which houses the longest swimming pool in the show's history.

550w_big_brother_house_2011_6.jpg

550w_big_brother_house_2011_5.jpg

550w_big_brother_house_2011_1.jpg

550w_big_brother_house_2011_4.jpg

550w_big_brother_house_2011_3.jpg

550w_big_brother_house_2011_2.jpg

The open plan house sees the staircase leading to the colourful lounge, with a modern kitchen which looks directly opposite the bathroom. The bedroom includes one large double bed.

The house also includes a sauna room for the first time. Elsewhere, the housemates can use a gym including treadmills, step-machines and other luxuries.

Celebrity Big Brother will begin Thursday, August 18 at 9pm on Channel 5, while a regular series of Big Brother starts later in the year.

American Pie actress Tara Reid is the latest star to be tipped as a Celebrity Big Brother housemate.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    American Pie actress Tara Reid is the latest star to be tipped as a Celebrity Big Brother housemate.

Pamela Anderson
    Jedward
    Tara Reid
    Bobby Brown
    Paddy Doherty (My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding)
    Sue Katona and her Big Fat Gypsy Daughter :pac:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/08/10/tara-reid-and-pam-anderson-both-sign-on-for-uk-reality-show/?test=faces

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Supposedly they will have a bar this year with lots of alcohol... no doubt C5's plan is to get lots of rows and drunken mishaps happening in a hope for ratings.

I don't care what yous all think... :D i'm looking forward to it starting up again. I've missed it this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Have to say, from those pictures, the house looks pretty nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I dont understand why they are getting Brian Dowling to present the main show and leaving Emma Willis for the B show. Its like playing C.Ronaldo as a goal keeper and Shay Given up front.

I really hope this 24 bar or a bar in general is true. C4 were waaay to politically correct in terms of booze after that time they had the pub in the house, which IMO was one of the best things ive ever seen on BB. Ply the feckers with booze and let us sit back and enjoy :D

Ply the feckers with booze and let us sit back and enjoy :D

Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

oh jedward in a house with cameras and a couple of other celebs. :D sweet. bring on the mayhem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I dont understand why they are getting Brian Dowling to present the main show and leaving Emma Willis for the B show. Its like playing C.Ronaldo as a goal keeper and Shay Given up front.

Wouldn't surprise me if this changed after this first season actually (depending on ratings, obviously.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement