Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap side by side recommendations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

The aya was cheaper but this one just seemed to be sturdier and in better condition. Was a nice looking gun too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hibrion wrote: »
    Just back from the rfd. He had an AYA and a couple of Baikals but I ended up going with a Zabala. Done a straight swap for my mossberg.
    It was a nice gun. 26 inch barrels, multi choke, 3 inch chambers, single trigger, straight stock. Felt the best of the whole lot.

Its a bit late now, but does anyone have any opinions on them?

Well you may wear.
    3" means you can water fowl

Multichoke means you can shoot clays or just play around with chokes

They have been around a long time.
    I remember looking at a Kesterel many years ago, I just went with the Baikal as it was cheaper at the time and I was only a student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Sure you don't put many cartridges through a game gun anyway so it will do you years no matter what. So long as you are happy with the fit etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Thanks lads. I have to say it was quick to mount and easy to swing. That combined with the looks and solid build swung the deal for me.

Just got back from the local station there now and I have to say it was the easiest visit I've had yet. The new seargant looking after things there new exactly what she was talking about and said I'll have the substitution back in less than a fortnight. :)
    She also said there will be no problem licensing a 30/30 as a second deer rifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hibrion wrote: »
    Thanks lads. I have to say it was quick to mount and easy to swing. That combined with the looks and solid build swung the deal for me.

Just got back from the local station there now and I have to say it was the easiest visit I've had yet. The new seargant looking after things there new exactly what she was talking about and said I'll have the substitution back in less than a fortnight. :)
    She also said there will be no problem licensing a 30/30 as a second deer rifle.

Well fair play to her!

the Only Difficulty I ever had with FO's were from male Gards.

The Females were always much easier to deal with and very efficient!

I lost my FO to retirement.
    I miss her terribly as she was 9-5 Mon to Friday and always would call me back.
    I'm still awaiting a callback from my FO about an enquiry I made after christmas.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement