Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

speaker problem on new build

• 11-04-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭

hi just built a new pc and when i plug in the headphones on the front of the case the speakers dont cut out so im getting audio through rear spears and headphones any help would be great guys

pc specs
    i3-540
    4gb ram
    gigabyte h55-ud2h
    case and psu chaep generic
    gpu on board

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Is it Win 7? Check the audio settings in Control Panel, I don't think this would be a hardware issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

ye cant find a setting in win 7 to sort :mad::mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It is a driver option usually, there must be an option to mute speakers in the Realtek audio manager?

(I have my onboard disabled currently so can't check, it is an option in the Creative software suite, and as far as I remember my Realtek onboard was exactly the same).

Also automatic muting of the rear speakers can only work if the front panel is connected to the HD audio header on the motherboard, not the older AC'97 one, so I would check this as well (If the case only has an AC'97 connector unfortunately there is nothing you can do :()

no case has ac97 and hd iv pluged in the hd into f panel on mobo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

This may be of assistance, the option appears to be under 'device advanced settings' in the top right hand corner of the realtek HD audio manager (The GA-H55M-UD2H should have with something similar).

printscreen.png

ye have been through that setting thanks marco aw i,d build 20 pc,s on the time im spending on this arghhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

i just happened to have the same issue just there, for no reason as i wasnt messing with any settings. i have a VIA :( chipset so its a little different, but the only way i got it to fix, even after applying the same type of setting as what Marco-Polo suggested, is that i had to make the rear IO port the "default" port in the settings.

155010.JPG

i changed the settings in "advanced" first then it removed an option (headphones) under "playback devices", but it somehow left the speakers unticked as the default device. once i made the "speakers" the default everything worked as expected. sorry if this is confusing its really hard to type right.....

Advertisement