Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Simon - Vicar Street

Options
  • 11-04-2011 6:05pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Paul Simon, Vicar St, June 20. tix on sale this Friday April 15th

The wonderful foggy notions belting out great gigs this year.

Well done and thanks to all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

lordgoat wrote: »
    Paul Simon, Vicar St, June 20. tix on sale this Friday April 15th

The wonderful foggy notions belting out great gigs this year.

Well done and thanks to all.

Fantastic, I imagine tickets will sell pretty quickly - great venue to have such an icon playing- I presume this is warm up for his appearance in Cork on the 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

€81.25 for a ticket:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

It will still sell out.

rednik wrote: »
    It will still sell out.

And tickets on the black market will go for far higher than that

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

greendom wrote: »
    And tickets on the black market will go for far higher than that

Only if people are foolish enough to buy them.

• Advertisement

Only if people are foolish enough to buy them.

I don't buy that - fantastic performer in an intimate venue. If you're a fan and you have the money but no ticket - why not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Good luck getting a ticket for this show.I remember Neil Young playing there a few years back tickets on the black market were going for a grand.

I don't buy that - fantastic performer in an intimate venue. If you're a fan and you have the money but no ticket - why not ?

I just don't support touts in any shape or form. There is no need for them, if everyone had this attitude they would not exist. Simples. If people want to get a ticket badly enough, go to ticketmaster and queue up early on the day they go on sale. You will get a ticket this way. Anyways we can argue all we want over it but i can see what you're saying so maybe Paul Simon from here on!

But i do agree it will be an amazing show from him and vicar street will only enhance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

If your a fan you should queue up online or go to an outlet very early to get a ticket. Touting is a horribly thing.

I'm a huge Killers fan but when I didnt get tickets to Brandon Flowers Guinness show I didnt go looking for touts. A couple of weeks later he announced a solo show. My view is, I'll do all I can to get a ticket but if I don't get it I will try harder next time they come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

indiewindy wrote: »
    €81.25 for a ticket:eek:

Are Aiken the promoters??

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »
    If your a fan you should queue up online or go to an outlet very early to get a ticket. Touting is a horribly thing.

I'm a huge Killers fan but when I didnt get tickets to Brandon Flowers Guinness show I didnt go looking for touts. A couple of weeks later he announced a solo show. My view is, I'll do all I can to get a ticket but if I don't get it I will try harder next time they come.

I don't like touts either, but they are exploiting the limited supply compared to the overwhelming demand for special events like this one.

NickDrake wrote: »

foggy notions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

they are promoting his Cork gig at the Marquee. Around €70 a ticket I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Yes

Aiken Promotions are proud to present…

PAUL SIMON

Live at Vicar Street June 20th

Tickets on sale Friday April 15th @ 9am!

PAUL SIMON has confirmed today he will play a very special show at Vicar St in Dublin on 20 June 2011 to mark the start of his European Tour. Tickets are €81.25 and go on sale this Friday 15 April at 9am through Ticketmaster and other usual outlets nationwide. Booking Line: 0818 719 390.

www.aikenpromotions.com

The Vicar St show will be Paul Simon’s first appearance in Dublin since he played a sold out Show at The Point in November 2006 and will give fans an opportunity to see the legendary songwriter and his stellar band in an intimate and personal setting. Starting his European Tour at Vicar St, Paul Simon adds to the list of other iconic appearances at the Dublin venue including Bob Dylan, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West and Neil Young.

Paul Simon’s new single “The Afterlife” is available to download from iTunes now

Album ‘So Beautiful Or So What’ is due for release 10 June 2011.

For more info on PAUL SIMON go to www.paulsimon.com

Another Friday morning scramble it is so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

This isnt all standing yeah?

drayme wrote: »
    This isnt all standing yeah?

Standing and seated i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

A front row, centre table would be so good for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 patchmck

Ugh...

Paul Simon (wonderful as he is) should have enough shagging money to not charge extortionate prices for his gigs. I would love to see him but I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much, it's not right. If you're worth millions then you're surely not doing it for the cash, so why the prices?

Looks like I'm trying to win tickets off the radio for this one

patchmck wrote: »
    Ugh...

Paul Simon (wonderful as he is) should have enough shagging money to not charge extortionate prices for his gigs. I would love to see him but I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much, it's not right. If you're worth millions then you're surely not doing it for the cash, so why the prices?

Looks like I'm trying to win tickets off the radio for this one

Doubt he had any say at all in ticket prices, that'll be the promoter, probably a high fee to book him though, hence the high ticket price.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

I saw Simon & Garfunkel back in 2004 in Cologne, DE.
    They charged me Euro 180 per ticket! Needless to say that Ticket prices increase by about 20% every year, so I don't even wanna know what they would charge in DE for the Duo today...
    I'll try to get a Paul Simon ticket for Dublin, even though I don't like the price.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Doubt he had any say at all in ticket prices, that'll be the promoter, probably a high fee to book him though, hence the high ticket price.

In the vast majority of all concert, ticket price is directly related to how much the artist wants and costs to bring over. There's some myth around promoters screwing people over, sure they take a cut but it is by no means anywhere near what the artist takes...

In the vast majority of all concert, ticket price is directly related to how much the artist wants and costs to bring over. There's some myth around promoters screwing people over, sure they take a cut but it is by no means anywhere near what the artist takes...

So what does Vicar Street hold, just under 1,000 i'd say, they could have held this at The Grand Canal Theatre, it's free that night, holds 4/5000 and ticket prices could have been a bit cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

scudzilla wrote: »
    So what does Vicar Street hold, just under 1,000 i'd say, they could have held this at The Grand Canal Theatre, it's free that night, holds 4/5000 and ticket prices could have been a bit cheaper.

Grand Canal Theatre has a capacity of approx. 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

Just bagged 2 tix...happy man:)...seems to be standing only available

Sold out?

I tried for balcony at literally 1 second into 9am and "Not Available", they definitely werent on sale (someone correct me if you got a ticket that wasnt standing)

Got 2 standing anyway, appear to be all gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

Got two tickets too happy enough, I've wanted to see him for a while now. Tickets are now sold out.

paulsimon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 49 siscri

nm wrote: »
    Sold out?

I tried for balcony at literally 1 second into 9am and "Not Available", they definitely werent on sale (someone correct me if you got a ticket that wasnt standing)

I was getting everything sold out for 2 tickets so searched for 1 and offered a **** seat: the very side of the balcony with restricted viewing so skipped it.

Every time I searched for 2 standing it said not available so had to buy two singles. Strange. Still happy - got two standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭SteM

nm wrote: »
    Sold out?

Baclony seated tickets were available online dead on 9am. Blocks a, b and c seemed to be gone (I've never seen block b tix available to buy though). Block d was available for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 morred

Sold out in one and a half minutes.......

Advertisement