Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University Finance Project

Options
  • 11-04-2011 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a financial project in college at the moment, part of it which involves finding two fixed interest deposit accounts over a period of ten years that I can invest a lump sum of money into. So far I have found one from Rabo Direct, but having thoroughly searched the internet at this stage, I am struggling to find another.

Do any experts on here know of any other similar account over a period of ten years?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

National Solidarity Bond?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

I had a look at that, but the interest rates confused me. It said that the rate was like 3.8%, yet you received 1% every year :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Read the full Terms of it, student :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Right so, is it 3.95% you receive every year or 1%?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GEKKO135

I'm only a student too so i'm probably not much help, but from the looks of it the National Solidarity Bond isn't a fixed income security. The interest is changing every year as it's cumulative and there are interest bonuses. Doesn't look very fixed to me...so i am also confused. It's probably called fixed as the interest rates set out at each year don't vary. If I were to use an interest rate it would be 3.95%

• Advertisement
Advertisement