Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free calls & texts on Tesco Mobile with a €10 top-up plus €10 free bonus credit too.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi Terrie

Thanks. We are not doing Bill Pay yet but we will continually try to innovate to bring value to our customers.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭morgana

I am considering changing to Tesco Mobile and getting the Samsung Galaxy Mini.
    AS far as I understand it, there is no minimum top-up a month. The only requirement to keep the number active is making 1 call a year?
    Regarding the data bundles, do you need to buy one before you can use the net / access mail or will you be automatically put on the one day price once you use data?

Any ETA on free web texts, I'd be changing in a flash if you have those :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Tesco Mobile really needs its own forum on boards. :)

morgana wrote: »
    I am considering changing to Tesco Mobile and getting the Samsung Galaxy Mini.
    AS far as I understand it, there is no minimum top-up a month. The only requirement to keep the number active is making 1 call a year?
    Regarding the data bundles, do you need to buy one before you can use the net / access mail or will you be automatically put on the one day price once you use data?

Any ETA on free web texts, I'd be changing in a flash if you have those :)

Hi Morgana

No minimum topup each month. You get matching bonus credit on every topup of €10 or more and 30 days of free calls, texts and picture messages to Tesco Mobile customers. To keep a SIM active there has to be a chargeable event in a 6 month period.

You dont have to buy a bundle to use data though it is more expensive at 79c per MB. To buy the bundle you text "data" to 174209 (1 day/50MB 79c), 174210 (7 day/350MB €2.99) or 174211 (30 day/1GB). You check expiry and allowance remaining by using the code *100*6#. Bundles can be stacked so you don't need to time your purchase when the bundle expires.

We are working on webtexts. Can't give a date just yet but we are targetting summertime.

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

What puts me off Tesco mobile is the excessive cost to call their numbers from a land line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭morgana

Thanks Paul for the fast reply. I will keep an eye out :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

nbe
    maxer68 wrote: »
    What puts me off Tesco mobile is the excessive cost to call their numbers from a land line

Never thought of that, I don't have a land line but how much is it?

Wonder why it isn't the same as calling O2 from a land line, who do you have your land line with, most of my family are with Eircom / vodafone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Quick question,
    My message minder kicks in after 4 rings, I'd like it to be double that. How would I go about doing that #*00 etc? Or should I phone Tesco mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭V4

Try this:

**61* Prefix 5 yournumber ** 30 # press send.
    eg: **61*08751234567**30#
    The 30 at the end means it will be 30 seconds which is the max time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Hi Paul,
    Can you clarify this blurb from the Tesco Mobile website

Bonus Credit
    Registration Credit
    Bonus Credit will be paid in 3 instalments of €10 every 30 days when you register your details with us and top up by €20 or more every 30 days.

Does this mean if you top up by €20 each month (for 3 months) you are getting €50 of which €30 is bonus credit which expires at the end of each 30 day period?

groom wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    Can you clarify this blurb from the Tesco Mobile website

Bonus Credit
    Registration Credit
    Bonus Credit will be paid in 3 instalments of €10 every 30 days when you register your details with us and top up by €20 or more every 30 days.

Does this mean if you top up by €20 each month (for 3 months) you are getting €50 of which €30 is bonus credit which expires at the end of each 30 day period?

Hi Groom

Yes, that is correct.

regards
    Paul

Advertisement