Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i bring in a book for the oral?

• 11-04-2011 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Im in fifth year, doing the leaving next year and my teacher is spending the last few weeks of school on the oral. We have to bring in a document on thursday and most people are bringing in pictures of themselves on holiday and things like that. Im thinking of doing something different, i have a frence book called 'la petit prince' and i was thinking about bringing that in. What do you guys think, good or bad idea? Also what type of questions do you think id get asked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Caireann wrote: »
    Im in fifth year, doing the leaving next year and my teacher is spending the last few weeks of school on the oral. We have to bring in a document on thursday and most people are bringing in pictures of themselves on holiday and things like that. Im thinking of doing something different, i have a frence book called 'la petit prince' and i was thinking about bringing that in. What do you guys think, good or bad idea? Also what type of questions do you think id get asked?

Its a good idea...... if you like reading. However, you can't actually bring in a book (or any physical object) but you could bring in a page of the book. I would suggest that you photocopy the page you like and stick it on a page then. just be aware that the examiner can ask you anything on the page as what does this sentence mean......etc.

But ya sounds a good idea, its different and good. Doing mine on thursday and i am bringing in the chorus of a song...... nobody else in my year is doing it.

hope that helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

Well maybe if i photocopied thd cover that would be the same as bringing in the book? I don't think the examiner could ask what does this mean because you'd have to answer in english. Oh whats the song? Thats a really good idea! Good luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Tant pis by Joyce Jonathan. It's a French song i heard on French radio! It's quite a good song really. But if your into music I would recommend you do like just the chours of a French song ...... Very easy to bring up music through out your oral. Same with reading I would say.

The cover of the book would be good just as long as you can answer all possible questions on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm using Oscar Et La Dame Rose. It's a great book, easy enough to talk about.

Advertisement