Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HISTORY RSR wordcount

• 11-04-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

1200-1500 is the word limit in the research topic, I have around 1750 and finding it hard to cut it down much more!! what amount of words do people usually get away with??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

The examiners don't actually count every word you write in the booklet, so I wouldn't worry about the word count.
    My essay is 1779 words, and many people in my class are in the same range, but our teacher just said to put down a random number that's under 1600 on the booklet, so officially my essay contains 1587 words ;).

But yeah, as long as it's not like over 2000 you should encounter no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Whoa thanks, Ive been freaking out about it...in that case im virtually done besides a bit of editing to do on the evaluation of sources...what a death it would be though, if they actually decided to count it and docked you marks:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Gav77 wrote: »
    Whoa thanks, Ive been freaking out about it...in that case im virtually done besides a bit of editing to do on the evaluation of sources...what a death it would be though, if they actually decided to count it and docked you marks:eek:
    What examiner will sit through tens of RSRs counting out each and every single word of them? It's just a job, they want to get it done as efficiently as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

200 or so words either side won't be noticed so don't worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Yeah, my teacher told us they've never taken away marks for going over the limit but to be careful in case they start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nuggetclv

The limit for the RSR Essay and Review is 1800. I have 2350. Teacher says put down 1800 or so. They don't count.

any1 any predictions for the june paper??

nuggetclv wrote: »
    The limit for the RSR Essay and Review is 1800. I have 2350. Teacher says put down 1800 or so. They don't count.

Are you mad lad??

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nuggetclv

Are you mad lad??

No :D I think it'll be grand, I'm writing it in over easter. Everyone in my class has gone over the count.

Predictions??

Only my opinion from looking at papers..
    Movements for Political and Social Reform, 1870-1914:
    I don't think we'll get Carson.
    I wouldn't go in without knowing Parnell.
    Maybe the Strike and Lockout.

I haven't looked at the other topics yet.

The DBQ has never been the same document twice for any of them, so, I'm going to leave out Sunningdale. In the worst case, if it does come up, you can get 60/100, because the answers to the first three questions of 4 in the DBQ are on the exam paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

No :D I think it'll be grand, I'm writing it in over easter. Everyone in my class has gone over the count.

Predictions??

Only my opinion from looking at papers..
    Movements for Political and Social Reform, 1870-1914:
    I don't think we'll get Carson.
    I wouldn't go in without knowing Parnell.
    Maybe the Strike and Lockout.

I haven't looked at the other topics yet.

The DBQ has never been the same document twice for any of them, so, I'm going to leave out Sunningdale. In the worst case, if it does come up, you can get 60/100, because the answers to the first three questions of 4 in the DBQ are on the exam paper.

And there goes any hope of an A1 if it does come up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

i thought the word limit was 1500 not 1800 ?

There is no official word limit. The "recommended range of length for the Extended Essay" given at the back of the booklet is 1200-1500 words for HL, and 600-800 for OL.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

I just finished writing mine up Friday. My Essay is around 1550 and I only had a page to spare. Writing 2350 words will be hard to fit in the booklet and even puting 1800 on the cover might look a bit too much.

I guess it depends on the size of your handwriting. I had three pages to spare after writing nearly 1800 words in my essay and around 500 for the review.

I had around 1850 words for the extended essay and review, had 2 pages to spare aswell so just put down 1560

Advertisement