Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking at my first air-soft gun

• 11-04-2011 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Im new to the air-soft sport. Im looking to buy a gun in the next few weeks.

I went looking at two today, A Sig Sauer p20022 (Something like that) and a Thaurus P??. (P29 I think).

Does anyone know anything about these?

Both were priced at €160.

Also is there any bit of advice you could give to someone like me starting off the sport.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cocomk1

Oh and whats a better choice that car aerosol can or the little gas canisters?

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

hi, well 1st off,welcome to the crazy world that is airsoft.

now on2 the main course, of the 2 things you mentioned id prefer the sig and with the bottles there slight difference in them, most would use the bigger can for skrimishing (playing at site) even thought then smaller can is pocket size some sites wont let you bring a can of gas onto the playfield

the best thing bout airsoft is personal preference so get what feels right for you , although a would reccomend maybe gettin a aeg (automatic electric aeg, like m4 ak and such) for your 1st gun and a sidearm (pistol) after that but i know people who just like using pistols so like i said personal preference :D:D

hope this helps ya out a bit man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd definitely recommend getting an AEG first.
    Firstly turning up with a pistol just for your very first skirmish is going to be hugely frustrating and could even put you off going back unless you happen to be Martin Riggs or John McClain in disguise :D
    Of course if you're going to a CQB site like the office then fair enough but it would still be tough going.

Even with an AEG it took me 4 skirmishes before I got my first kill..
    I was starting to get really discouraged and was about to quit when I said "screw it..let's try one more time"...history was made that day and I became addicted after that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭AirsoftAndy

this is not airsoft adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jamie1248

this is not airsoft adverts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Lads thermo has edited your posts please use airsoft adverts.

Advertisement