Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspect object in loaf of bread.

Options
  • 11-04-2011 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

A white loaf with a brown lump. Its either a bit of grain or rat dropping :(

Where do I go with this?? Back to the company who made the loaf or report on www.fsai.ie although they seem more for take aways and restaurants :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You can ask the fsai to investigate, they seem to cover any product made in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Throw it in the bin & forget about it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Throw it in the bin & forget about it.:rolleyes:

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Let me see....:cool:

Bread is made from wheat. Wheat is brown. (I haven't seen white wheat growing anywhere yet?)

Or another possibility... The same bakery makes brown bread. - Rvelation, bakeries make white & brown bread, use the same machinery and lines, same ovens etc,

Grains of wheat

067162.jpg

Rat droppings are black -
    roof_rat_droppings.jpg

Eat it or throw it away, but don't waste the time of FSAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

maxer68 wrote: »
    Let me see....:cool:

Bread is made from wheat. Wheat is brown. (I haven't seen white wheat growing anywhere yet?)

Or another possibility... The same bakery makes brown bread. - Rvelation, bakeries make white & brown bread, use the same machinery and lines, same ovens etc,

Grains of wheat

067162.jpg

Rat droppings are black -
    roof_rat_droppings.jpg

Eat it or throw it away, but don't waste the time of FSAI.

Do you work there :rolleyes: Why would anybody be worried about wasting the FSAI's time. Should you not be more concerned about a possible contamination problem in a loaf of bread that I almost gave a 2 year old to eat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

you said the object was brown. And then you suggest it could be rat droppings or wheat. :rolleyes:

Rat dropping are black, wheat is brown. There's your answer.

IMO, food safety in Ireland is of the highest standard, hence we have such a large food export industry. Not to say things do go wrong, but your post does say the object is brown.

I would have no problem whatsoever eating it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Bring it back to the shop you bought it in. Ask for a refund or replacement. They'll probably give it to you and, if there is indeed a contamination, will take it up with the appropriate persons. If there's a lump of brown dough in it (my suspicion) they'll bin it.

Advertisement