Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which alarm system

Options
  • 11-04-2011 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Looking to alarm my folks place as well as a stand alone garage. As the house wasnt prewired for an alarm Id like to go for a wireless maybe monitored system. Id like to get all the bells and whistles. I dont mind overkill on alarm system.

Loads of questions to ask!!!

What should I be looking for , asking for etc

any advice is greatfully received

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you want the top of the range with all bells & whistles then look at the SigNET 220

Comes with wireless receiver. Wireless can be extended with receiver in keypads or expanders.
    Has built in web server which gives you full remote access from any web browser (incl mobile version)
    Can incorporate X10 for advanced home automation via calander & cause & effect.
    I could go on but you can download the brochure here
    http://www.europlex-signet.com/downloads.php

If you want a more cost effective option look at the Visonic Powermax Complete.
    This would be less expensive & much easier if your looking at a self install.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

There are a good few alarms on the market to choose from. The HKC Securewave would be a good wire free system to get installed. All the sensors use 2-way Wireless technology. It has wire free internal plus external bell. Can do voice or text over pstn line depending on your service provider for the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Thanks lads

Im not to up on alarm technology so im researching thru all the threads before i begin asking stupid questions

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ask away , there are some very helpful posters here.;)

KoolKid wrote: »
    Ask away , there are some very helpful posters here.;)

Thanks:) Ay im getting brain rot reading up :) but needs must as they say I dont mind paying for a good system but everyone has their own opinion on what to get etc . If it delays or makes potential thieves move somewhere else so be it thats what im after. From reading several posts the signet 220 pips the post.

Ill prob hopefully rope in an electrical buddy to install it. Or am i better off getting in a professional installers?

Is there anything else i should be looking for or asking about in a good alarm system ?

• Advertisement

dev100 wrote: »
    From reading several posts the signet 220 pips the post.
    Also the dearest. But if you utilise all its functions its great value for money. If its the webserver your after , there is a version of the SigNET 100 with webserver expected in the next couple of months.
    dev100 wrote: »
    Ill prob hopefully rope in an electrical buddy to install it. Or am i better off getting in a professional installers?
    As long as :
    1) Your not paying him to do it
    or
    2 )He is a licenced installer.
    Othwise its illegal.:)

As long as :
    1) Your not paying him to do it
    or
    2 )He is a licenced installer.
    Othwise its illegal.:)[/QUOTE]

Ha ha illegal doesnt bother me Pounds shillings and pence . Nowadays you cant turn a screw without having to be licensed. I wouldnt mind paying a professional to get a good system installed. What I dont want to happen is to get a poor system at a dear price... So thats why I need to get clued into before I make any expensive decisions

Any advice we give here must be legal.
    If you want to get it done professionally I would recommend getting at least 3 quotes & always try to compare like with like.
    Don't accept quotes over the pgone. Ask them to call around & show you whats involved & quote you for everything thats included.
    Insist on a full written quote. That way there's no suprises down the road.

Advertisement