Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question

Options
  • 11-04-2011 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all although I have a new account I am not a stranger to this forum I actually have been browsing this thread this last couple of weeks.

Last week myself and my girfriend decided that we'd move to Australia for the summer months . Employment , accomadation etc etc are all set up. Thing is I am a college student i'm currently studying a level 7 degree and I recieve the maintence grand I have also completed the end of first yr summer exams. We're planning on heading to OZ for around 6 months but we will be coming home in september to weigh up our options. If i stay for 6 months this will mean i'll miss the start of 2nd year. I plan on telling the college that I am leaving for indefinate. But if OZ doesen't work out I will head back to second year.

The real question is:

If I tell the college that I am leaving and that I won't be going back to 2nd year and somehow I change my mind and return to 2nd year will I still recieve my maintence grant from the start of 2nd yr? also I may add I may have to repeat some exams in August

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Ask your college if you can intermit for a year. This gives you a year away from your studies. If you then decide not to continue them you can inform them that you'll withdraw fully from the course. If you decide to continue, you can do so the following September (to be clear, September 2012 in this case).

If you withdraw now, on return you'd have to apply for readmission in order to continue your degree and it would be a chancy thing.

Or you could just be late in starting your course. It'd be at most two weeks, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 James_12

I would rather not intermit from my studies TBH as I said in the original post we may head back in September nothings confirmed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

James_12 wrote: »
    I would rather not intermit from my studies TBH as I said in the original post we may head back in September nothings confirmed yet

But why would you think it better to tell the college you're leaving for good?

Advertisement