Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM to Self Moniotor and Control Electric Gates ?

Options
  • 11-04-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to have a HKC GSM both self moitoring my alarm and also allowing remote access to my electric gates ?

(Neither Alarm nor Gates fitted at the moment, but hope to do so soon)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Satts wrote: »
    Is it possible to have a HKC GSM both self moitoring my alarm and also allowing remote access to my electric gates ?

(Neither Alarm nor Gates fitted at the moment, but hope to do so soon)

Yes, it can be set up for home automation to allow you open gates, control lights and heating also.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

altor wrote: »
    Yes, it can be set up for home automation to allow you open gates, control lights and heating also.

Could it self monitor my alarm, open/close gates and switch 3 zones of heating on/off all on the one GSM ?

Would I need relays or some kind of interface board between the GSM and the electric gates/heating controls ?

Satts wrote: »
    Could it self monitor my alarm, open/close gates and switch 3 zones of heating on/off all on the one GSM ?

Would I need relays or some kind of interface board between the GSM and the electric gates/heating controls ?

With the new GSM that is coming out you will be able to do all the above, as it stands you can use it to monitor the alarm, control the gate and 3 zones. The newer GSM will give you more outputs to control more as you can add an output card to the system. Yes you will need relays to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Just wondering how it works, would I have to text a different code for each device I want to switch on/off or am I on the wrong track ?

You would text each output to control the different outputs, same code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

A europlex signet will do the same job. You could also look at the gate slave and heat slave.
    Your gate installer will tell you more about these

Or check this out either.

Advertisement