Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSG procedure-

Options
  • 11-04-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

hi guys i suffer from irregular periods, done 4 rounds of clomid and ovulated and got period regular for the last 4 months. Last month my doctor referred me to rothunda to get a HSG done to check if my tubes are blocked. he told me not to take the clomid last month.

i was due my period 7 days ago, the doctor in Rothunda in radiology dept told me that they cant book me in for the procedure until i get my period, as they cannot do it until day 10-14 of my period.

i have done 4 pregnancy tests in the last week since my period is late, but all negative. im going mad now wondering where the hell my period is, the longer it takes to come on, the longer ive to wait to get the procedure done.

anyone been through this before? is there any natural way to bring on your period?

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got it done in november. They normally want it done before day 7 of your cycle, and want a negative pregnancy test because the dye could kill any pregnancy in there.

I dont know a natural way to bring on your period, sorry. I wrote about my HSG experience on the chat thread after I had it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69848318&postcount=417 but feel free to ask any questions that you want.

Advertisement