Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many books do you have to your name?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 alvinphee42

WIth the internet who needs books?

Your Belfast lad, Alvin Phee.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I only have about 50 now. I gave dozens away (or loaned them, which is usually the same thing :rolleyes:), sold some to second-hand shops, donated some to charity.

Any that I'd read more than once I keep, and any that I'd use for reference, or ones I particularly liked (even if I wouldn't read them again) but apart from that they usually have a fleeting stay in my house. I read far too many to keep!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ThePinkCage

Eh, well, there's the one I wrote. That's in my name. Does that count?

But seriously, I have maybe 150-200. Though I am a bookwork, I cull regularly. I also believe in sharing the love, so I pass books on when I'm finshed, if I think certain people will enjoy them. Eveyr book deserves a home, so I make sure mine find one if I'm finished with them, but don't quite feel I'll keep them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭KazM

Ohhhh I'm awful! Have wayyyy too many books - but nearly all are in the 'cannot give up' categories:
    Reference - genealogy/history - cannot be lived without
    Sci-Fi - pleasure reading that I'd read again
    Old Friends - stuff I love love reading and couldn't give away

I'm even more awful - most of my collection is languishing in boxes in my parents' attic - in the UK lol until I get a place that's big enough to have them here lol

But I'm growing a new collection that's out-stretched the limited shelving I have already, in 5 years - smacks own hands.

Advertisement