Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Worst Teacher

• 11-04-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

instead of ruining this thread --> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056233989 , ive made this thread to deal solely with bitching about your worst teacher(s)! :)

mine is definetly our DCG teacher. he is useless at the subject, useless at teaching and is useless with the project!

also the other worst teacher has to be a fella we call <snip>. he teaches art and he is literaly the worst teacher in ireland i dont know how he still has a job! in 1st year, we had a fully fledged paper fight and he just sat at the top and waited for us to finish! :P haha

so please let the bitching commence! :)

Nickname snipped for your own protection.

Because OF COURSE no teacher knows what his nickname is!! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

lcvp teacher..... my god absolute plonker!...and my english teacher today we spent a double class talking about how difficult teachers have it....she is also a feminist ....who is 39 years old and still living with her mommy........

she is still pretty hot for her age:p <just saying>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

My Irish teacher. He doesn't like us and gives off such a negative vibe that I dread going into his class. He is also incapable of teaching us anything and seems to think we are all repeats and somehow all know the prose'n'poetry already :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

My Biology teacher. Just eugh.

My Biology teacher. Just eugh.

same again dude...we had ecology left to do and we had finished the course .....he was gave us sheets with blanks and said fill it in and thats ecology done...i felt like punching him in the face... my god!!!!!!!!!! absolute gob****e.......

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭AbsentPonderer

irish! what a horrible person, also taking into account they haven't a clue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 oneshotfinch

Our school had a fantastic senior English teacher... until I started 5th year. We now have somebody who never taught a leaving cert class before and treats us all like 10 year olds.

She is also completely inept when it comes to correcting anything. She fails to understand that Mechanics are worth 10% at most but will still rant on more about if somebody switched "there" and "their" than on any kind of constructive criticism. She also can't take a joke at any capacity but still makes fun of the students all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm very tempted to close this, but I guess people have a right to have a little rant about teachers from time to time .... I'm sure teachers have a little rant about students from time to time!

But bear in mind that naming a teacher or using nicknames or giving any other hints as to identity will not alone cause you trouble with the mods, it is very likely to bring you trouble with your teacher / school. Lots of teachers use Boards, lots of teachers' families and friends use Boards.

So if you really feel the need to have a little rant, keep it very abstract.

And there are limits to the level of abuse I will tolerate, no matter how anonymous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

French teacher - She's on a career break now since Christmas so had her for all of 5th and up till Christmas of 6th. She is an absolute bítch, wouldn't mind but she's only young! She is actually heartless! I'm slow to hate people but she makes it so easy to hate her!

On the plus, her replacement is lovely and since Christmas I have actually started to love French! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Honours maths-need I say any more :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

English teacher.. always "sick" and never shows up..
    Compared to other classes we've done s**tall! D: Just read Hamlet and My Sister's Keeper and we got no notes on anything. Aghh
    And then Irish.. good teacher. But has one of those voices that just makes you really sleepy. XD I don't know how I stay awake in that class. I really don't. xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Irish teacher (honours) =/ all she does is hand out notes, translates them and speaks english all the time. So I have a big folder of notes yet know nothing in them. *sigh*.

And it's so obvious who her favourite students are. It's like 'i'll have a laugh with these 8 people and the rest can do something else..' errrr.. yea.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭pancakes rule

My Irish teacher- nice guy, but can't teach. He does SO little work that it is not even funny, I'm doing honours and he told us that he's never had an A student, even though plenty of people in my school have been fluent :s.

Maths/Physics teacher- ALWAYS leaves the room in every single class, she is VERY lazy, makes plans but never sticks to them, doesn't teach us part Cs, is worse than Hitler (she has been known to give detention to people for looking "suspicious"), this is an actual event from a physics class : My Friend, "Miss, how do xrays work?"
    Teacher, "Ehhhh, yano Harry Potter?"
    MF, "Yeah, "
    T, "Yano the thir' film"
    MF, "yeah"
    T, "Yano the patronus charm?"
    MF,"Yeah"
    T, "Tha's what xrays are like"

Art teacher never gives any feedback

French teacher can't speak French

History Teacher is a Gob****e, really ignorant and thinks the best form of teaching is shouting at us until we cry.

Geography teacher is a sweetheart, but when we tried to complain about history he kept telling us that was just her method of teaching and wouldn't listen to the fact that we were being upset by her. He's really condescending.

PE teacher is terrifying- Just kinda creepy

At least the other Irish teacher is a ROIDE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

hahaha everyone always thinks the pe teacher is a lesbian!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

GV_NRG wrote: »

Nickname snipped for your own protection.

Because OF COURSE no teacher knows what his nickname is!! :rolleyes:

ha cheers for that you might just have saved me from alot of hassle! :)
    I'm very tempted to close this, but I guess people have a right to have a little rant about teachers from time to time .... I'm sure teachers have a little rant about students from time to time!

But bear in mind that naming a teacher or using nicknames or giving any other hints as to identity will not alone cause you trouble with the mods, it is very likely to bring you trouble with your teacher / school. Lots of teachers use Boards, lots of teachers' families and friends use Boards.

So if you really feel the need to have a little rant, keep it very abstract.

And there are limits to the level of abuse I will tolerate, no matter how anonymous.

sound! ok people you heard the man, keep it clean!! :)

brownlad wrote: »
    lcvp teacher..... my god absolute plonker!...and my english teacher today we spent a double class talking about how difficult teachers have it....she is also a feminist ....who is 39 years old and still living with her mommy........

she is still pretty hot for her age:p <just saying>

and today we were discussing moira and dillons relationship in lies of silence........then 5 min in..... somehow she linked dillons and moiras relationshipwith playboy!!!! so we got talking about playboy and hugh hefner ... and how he treats women and how desperate these women must be for money.... :mad: FOR AN ENTIRE CLASS....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Mine has to be my Irish teacher! Good teacher and we have loads of the course done, but my god does everyone hate her! The woman is actually crazy! I'll give you a list of what we have to go through everyday with her..

1). Do you remember when it was literally like -15 degrees in December?. Well my school wasn't closed so I went in to Irish one day, and she made us take off all our hoodies etc.. AND she left the windows OPEN at the back of the room.. There was snow floating in the windows landing on everyone in sub-zero temperatures.. Someone asked her could we close the windows and she sent them up to the office..

2). Another day we went in and one of the chairs were green (the rest were grey), she went MENTAL and actually accused every student of somehow "Lifting the chair into her room to annoy her" :L

3). We were doing Oral one day about our future, jobs etc. One girl (a really nice, optimistic person) said she wanted to be a nurse, she sneered and said "God help the HSE if you ever step into a hospital" :L, the girl was nearly in tears..

4). Finally, and possibly the worst case. Another girl in my class kept wearing a hoodie into her class.. One day the teacher went crazy and said "If you come into my fu**ing classroom with that hoodie on again i'll take it off you until June" (She then looked the girl up and down and said) "But of course it mighn't fit you by then" :O,

So many people have reported her to the office but they dont do anything because she apparently gets a huge amount of A's every year! It' s a joke, ye think you guys have it bad! It is quite funny winding her up though and listening to another lecture and "Respect" "And the importance of saying thank you" :L :L :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

My chemistry teacher by a mile, her teaching skills are atrocious, she mumbles at the top of the class and totally ignores her students can't answer questions. She literally just reads from the book.

The worst part is is that I honestly think she would fail ordinary. She literally just doesn't know nor understand the material. She needs the solution in front of her to do the question and if you ask her a question her answer is generally wrong.

My chemistry teacher by a mile, her teaching skills are atrocious, she mumbles at the top of the class and totally ignores her students can't answer questions. She literally just reads from the book.

The worst part is is that I honestly think she would fail ordinary. She literally just doesn't know nor understand the material. She needs the solution in front of her to do the question and if you ask her a question her answer is generally wrong.

similar to my ex biology teacher actually...all my biology teachers have always been county footballers....and they're as thick...but this guy everyone loved that he <snip> last year...when you asked him a question he would throw it back to you in the form of another question....or he would ask the entire class " hands up who thinks the answer is **&^% " and the answer was taken as whatever majority of the class put their hands up for......fecking ridiculous :mad:

suppose i better stop bitching ...and take my education into my own hands...:cool:...lc in 56 days ;) ...excited r wa??? :P

What did I say about identifying details? Think before you post, please! - R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

What are you supposed to do about bad teachers? I have a terrible Irish teacher and I haven't learned much since the start of fifth year... I'd like to complain to the principal but I don't know if that would accomplish much and it might just get me in trouble... but its not fair that a teacher who isn't teaching is getting paid for teaching! Has anyone here ever taken steps to "improve" their learning environment?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

Framble wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever taken steps to "improve" their learning environment?

yes we had the same problem with our LCVP/careers teacher so we rebelled and got a petition going and everything aaaaaaand.....

it got shot down, nothing was done and now she hates the entire class haha! :D :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

What are you supposed to do about bad teachers? I have a terrible Irish teacher and I haven't learned much since the start of fifth year... I'd like to complain to the principal but I don't know if that would accomplish much and it might just get me in trouble... but its not fair that a teacher who isn't teaching is getting paid for teaching! Has anyone here ever taken steps to "improve" their learning environment?

I had a terrible French teacher last year. We wrote a letter and got our entire class to sign it (bar one girl who just wouldn't because she was naively worried about getting the teacher fired). Most parents sent in letters or called the school.
    It worked! She's still in the school but the class got a new teacher at the start of the year. I've no idea if she is any good becuase I left but I was delighted :D

Edit: Our summer tests might have had something to do with it. Everyone I spoke to failed it or barely scraped a pass. Most of that class have now dropped to OL (myself included)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Exact same problem with me english teacher..
    I actually went to the principal about it, by myself!(Cause me friends were f**king cowards/ whatever) ..There comes a time when you're just like: F**k it, I'm complaining about this eejit of a teacher.
    XD AND!! My principal was pure nice about it and agreed to put me into a different class next year for english.. HAPPY DAYS! :D
    Gonna have to do a whole lot of catching up, but whatever, I can only do better in another class. (:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AlanBr

Aoifums wrote: »
    I had a terrible French teacher last year. We wrote a letter and got our entire class to sign it (bar one girl who just wouldn't because she was naively worried about getting the teacher fired). Most parents sent in letters or called the school.
    It worked! She's still in the school but the class got a new teacher at the start of the year. I've no idea if she is any good becuase I left but I was delighted :D

Edit: Our summer tests might have had something to do with it. Everyone I spoke to failed it or barely scraped a pass. Most of that class have now dropped to OL (myself included)

theres a teacher in my school who abuses pupils....one day a student answered a maths q. wrong and for 20-25 mins he shouted at him calling him retarded and a failure....he even through his duster full force at the students shoulder which was badly bruised...this guy is a psychopath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

AlanBr wrote: »
    ...he even through his duster full force at the students shoulder which was badly bruised...this guy is a psychopath

Is the guy you're on about <snip>? :rolleyes:

*Sigh*

Hi, Randy. Good to see you, Randy. Ever feel you're talking to yourself, Randy? Annoying , isn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭pancakes rule

Teachers are incredibly hard to fire. There was an awful higher maths teacher in my school for 30 years and everyone and their parents had complained about her. The same goes for the current Ordinary Maths teacher, people complain about her, but the principal says that she has the fullest confidence in her.
    Because teachers are so hard to fire, all you can do is get grinds and try to study as much as possible by yourself.
    I have tried to complain, as have many of my other friends, and we've learnt that you really have no power :/

Advertisement