Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road closure (between Kilcock and Clane)

Options
  • 11-04-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

hi anyone know what happening on the road between kilcock and clane ,there notices up everywhere for it to be closed for 6 wks,does anyone know where the diversion going to be :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

sandra06 wrote: »
    hi anyone know what happening on the road between kilcock and clane ,there notices up everywhere for it to be closed for 6 wks,does anyone know where the diversion going to be :D

I'd imagine it is so they can finally finish off the road works that they started last year. I've never seen a stretch of road to take so long to complete.

Diversion will I'd say be Clane, Barberstown, Maynooth and on to the M4.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

They don't mean the kilcock/clane exit roundabout off the motorway do they?
    e.g. getting to kilcock or enfield that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I've been wondering the same, there are plenty of signs about the road closure but nothing saying where it starts.

Getting to the clane side of kilcock will be a pain if it's closed from the m4 roundabout. I doubt kilcock centre could handle that traffic volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

kdouglas wrote: »
    I've been wondering the same, there are plenty of signs about the road closure but nothing saying where it starts.

Getting to the clane side of kilcock will be a pain if it's closed from the m4 roundabout. I doubt kilcock centre could handle that traffic volume.

If it's the turnoff that's closed altogether it'll be maynooth/kilcock diversion for me. The thoughts of going through those centres...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I could probably park the car and walk the rest of the way home sooner than go through both!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

The road is closing around Lyons & Burton farm machinery, where the traffic lights have been for the last age

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

kdouglas wrote: »

bluewolf wrote: »
    If it's the turnoff that's closed altogether it'll be maynooth/kilcock diversion for me. The thoughts of going through those centres...

You wouldn't have to go through either Kilcock or Maynooth, the motorway from Kilcock to Maynooth, Maynooth to Barberstown and from Barberstown to Clane.

It's a few extra minutes on your journey but it is pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Diversion is signed via M4 for motorway grade traffic and Maynooth/Kilcock town centres for non-motorway traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

Here's the official line on this from KCC.
    TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE
    ROADS ACT 1993
    NOTICE OF DECISION

The Council hereby gives notice in accordance with Section 75 of the Roads Act 1993 that it intends to close:
    The Kilcock to Clane Road (R407) at Portgloriam.
    From Thursday 14 April until Friday 27 May 2011.
    The closure is required to facilitate the completion of outstanding works on the re-alignment of the R407 Kilcock to Clane Road at Portgloriam, Kilcock – Phase 2.
    Main Diversion Routes:
    Portgloriam to Clane from North end of road closure:
    Take R407 north towards Kilcock, enter onto M4 motorway in Dublin direction. Take exit for Maynooth and continue towards Barberstown roundabout (R406) and then towards Clane (R403).
    Portgloriam to Kilcock from south end of road closure
    Take the R407 south towards Clane, continue towards Barberstown roundabout (R403) and then towards Maynooth (R406). Enter onto M4 motorway in Kilcock direction and take exit for Kilcock.
    Alternative diversion for non-motorway vehicles
    Alternative route via Kilcock/Maynooth (from north end of road closure)
    Take the R407 north towards Kilcock, travel into Kilcock and continue towards Maynooth (R148) and then towards Clane (R406/403).
    Alternative route via Kilcock/Maynooth (from south end of road closure)
    Take the R407 south towards Clane, continue towards Barberstown roundabout (R403) and then travel into Maynooth (R406) and continue towards Kilcock (R148).
    Signage will be in place on the diversion routes as agreed with Kildare County Council and An Garda Síochána. Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times. Any inconvenience caused is regretted.
    There's a pdf map of the work area, I'm sure if you really wanted to you'd find your way around it without going to Maynooth.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

going from clane to kilcock ya could take the right turn at baltracey cross and then the next left, go to the end of that road and take a left at the t junction and then a left again just after kilcock dismantlers, that will bring ya out just before the roundabout on the clane side of kilcock, it's a ****ty road though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Yep, Clonfert road is quite narrow too, but quickest alternative

Advertisement